Involved with someone and don't know what it is.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:25 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

levelup
    levelup
    Participant
    September 28, 2015 at 9:54 pm #86104

Long after getting out of a LTR and having no desire to date, I resolved to have a one-time fling. The intent was to find someone to talk to and then if desired, have sex with. I didn’t have high hopes but the guy in question (early 20s) turned out to be nice and funny. Our sexual compatibility was great.

However. Because I intended it as a one-time thing I didnt honestly think we’d see each other again, even though we both had fun. And so I never specified rules or parameters. But then he contacted me again…

It’s been a few months and we still meet once in a while for chats and sex. I like it. But what is it? It’s not dating nor FWB. It’s NSA maybe but seems friendlier than that. We talk about work, stuff we’re up to, thoughts and feelings. Not too deep. He is affectionate. I know he’s not my BF. Is he my lover? F buddy?

What is this? Its not mixed signals but rather my ignorance of them. Is this how young people do sex these days and I am just so out of the loop?

Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Participant
    October 1, 2015 at 8:28 am #86261

Young people lol I don’t even do that.
    Sounds like a fuck buddy/FWB seems obvious. If you are questioning what is is, I suggest you just ask him straight up. Are you wanting to be serious with him or you just want to continue the friend-and-hook-up thing?
    Ask him to know the real answer.