Is a 26 year old man too old for a 20 year old woman??

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:13 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

fivefeetcute
    Participant
    August 6, 2015 at 2:36 pm #83657

I am a 20 year old female dating a 26 year old man. He turns 27 this month. We get along very well, have a lot of the same interests, same political beliefs, values etc. I go to a liberal arts college, it is very prestigious and very difficult. Early on in the relationship he has explained multiple times that he fully intends to support me and come second to my education. He wants me to do well. He is busy himself, he is a sales manager at a very successful car lot and has his own friends and family.
    He treats me respectfully, takes me out on dates (we like to go out to eat, go kart racing, going for runs, playing video games together) and wants me to feel comfortable. He knows he likes me more than I do at this point, and has allowed the relationship to progress at my pace. My parents wont accept that hes not religious and that hes almost 27. Is the age difference really that bad? How do I approach my mom with this? We plan to be serious about each other in the future after China

reemalagoo
    Participant
    August 6, 2015 at 3:21 pm #83658

No .Merely being older should not be a concern.How he behaves is more important.

yummycheese
    Participant
    August 6, 2015 at 3:40 pm #83662

No way. I’ve always thought of age as but a number. If you like eachother and you both feel good being with eachother, go for it. Honestly, don’t let age get in the way of something that could be beautiful, life is short.

Duhboss321
    Participant
    August 7, 2015 at 2:42 am #83685

Age ain’t anything these day have fun and enjoy what happen later on

vrj
    Participant
    August 7, 2015 at 8:35 am #83674

Age doesn’t matter because i have a friend who is 19 years old but her boyfriend’s age is already 40. Now they are dating for also most 6 six years. They start dating at the age of 15 and 30 plus years, but until now they love each other like magnets, always sticking together. ^_^

vrj
    Participant
    August 7, 2015 at 8:35 am #83676

Age doesn’t matter

CmdrShep21
    Participant
    August 8, 2015 at 3:22 am #83733

Not too old.

shadowhatter
    Participant
    August 8, 2015 at 9:02 pm #83741

It is not too old. As long as he enjoys being with you is the main thing.

ranklines
    ranklines
    Participant
    August 9, 2015 at 9:57 am #83758

not at all if their is love no age bound is there

Anonymous
    August 9, 2015 at 1:49 pm #83776
    Reply To: Is a 26 year old man too old for a 20 year old woman??

No, he is not to old. Life is short and the older you get the more time flies. Before you know it 30 will be with 37…. Is that really a problem? I caution you to think less about age and what your parents think and more about YOUR happiness, what you can or can’t live with, and what works best for you. Good luck!

Fitgirl86
    Participant
    August 9, 2015 at 2:51 pm #83779

No not at all! Age is really only a number and there are some people who marry 10 yrs older. 6 yrs is normal and perfectly acceptable.

emma93
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 6:11 pm #83985

No! In all honesty I almost think its better to date older men so the maturity levels are a bit more equal. If you guys work well together, there is no reason to let age become an issue.

JeffS
    Participant
    August 13, 2015 at 11:11 am #84008

7 year age gap isn’t that big of a deal. I wouldn’t let that stop you. If there is any noticeable maturity difference, it would only get smaller as years go on most likely.

atik.daf15
    atik.daf15
    Participant
    August 13, 2015 at 12:11 pm #84011

Its bullshit who thinks that age is matter to make love between a man and women . Mental relation is great things in here . If you think that you both are getting understand both , nothing is fact in here .

piem
    Participant
    August 14, 2015 at 5:50 am #84058

if he respects you its only what counts. the age doesnt matter

1 2