Is continuing a relationship from HS into college fine?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 10:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sub-Zero
    Participant
    June 3, 2017 at 1:39 am #138372

So I’m an 18 year old HS senior and I have a girlfriend who’s 17 years old and she’s a junior. In fall, I’ll be a college freshman and 19, and she’ll be a senior and the college isn’t too far away. Anyway, with this, I was wondering, would it be weird for us to continue or relationship if I am college freshman and she is a HS senior?

whyhellohuman
    Participant
    June 4, 2017 at 11:46 pm #138386

It really doesn’t matter if it will be weird, it’s really only important if you guys think it is. If you really want to continue your relationship into college then I say go for it. If y’all are happy, then it doesn’t matter. But, for what it’s worth, your girlfriend might score brownie points at school for saying she’s dating a college person. (I hope this helps)

Kenneth87
    Kenneth87
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 12:43 am #138388

It’s up to the both of you. Sometimes continuing a relationship when life throws curveballs at it can be a challenge. If it’s at all doable it depends on you. That’s the way it will be from now and the rest of your life with most things, you’re an adult now.

In other words. Friends, family(parents), distance, homework or whatever else could be a factor is secondary to your own will.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Kenneth87 Kenneth87.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by Kenneth87 Kenneth87.

shydater
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 12:48 pm #138441

I don’t think it would be weird – you should be be able to love each other irrespective of your circumstances. Give it good honest thought however and communicate any worries or questions directly with one another.

dula154
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 7:50 pm #138508

Shouldn’t be a problem. Keeping in touch is very important, keep trying to make a day here and there for the two of you to keep the relationship feeling going.