is he a douchebag or I am the mean girl?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:22 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kk2017
    Participant
    January 29, 2017 at 6:00 am #124883

So I met this guy and things hit off right after we met. Usually he texts me first but it would take him hours to reply (15mins to 10 hours) For the second time he left me hanging for 7 hours and I finally joked about it, he played with the joke but didnt even try to explain why it took him so long to text back. for the last month we have been on 4 dates, and here is the climax of the story. Something happened and I realized he is just not the guy for me. So I bailed on him 7 hours before our date, saying I wasnt feeling well. It was true but mostly because I didnt want to see him anymore because I know I will get my heart broken. I like this guy and spending more time with him just makes things harder for me. He didnt ask me am I okay or any offer to reschedule. Instead, he was a bit upset because I bailed on him. Later on that day, I apologized about my bailing and told him how i actually feel, then I asked him to be friends. He didnt reply me until now…. Was I being mean to him?

fireys
    fireys
    Participant
    January 29, 2017 at 2:02 pm #124893

Erm, the fact that he didn’t ask you how you were feeling means you dodged a bullet. It is usually fine to take time to text back initially, specially if you are working professionals. But he should have asked you if you were alright.

charlieeee
    Participant
    January 29, 2017 at 3:13 pm #124896

I think he should’ve asked to see how you were doing especially after being on 4 dates i think everyone deserve thats its just common courtesy and I dont think you were being mean you apologized thats gotta mean something, and if doesnt respond to your text about being friends then i think its in your best interest you’re probably better off this way.

MizzKat15
    MizzKat15
    Participant
    January 29, 2017 at 5:01 pm #124901

Hi, I think he is just coming off as a douche bag because he could have had at least the decency to ask you if you were okay instead of getting upset that you bailed about seven hours prior to your date. You aren’t wrong for wanting to protect your heart because it doesn’t seem he was super into you or at least the same way you were invested in. That’s my two cents, best of luck!

Dh122897
    Participant
    January 30, 2017 at 4:13 pm #125025

He just a douche girl!