Is he a player?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is he a player?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:03 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

pandorasbox84
    Participant
    January 11, 2016 at 5:44 am #91414
    Is he a player?

Right here goes….met a guy thru online dating and we hit it off straight away. A lot of similarities and things in common and a huge amount of physical attraction. I am slightly ashamed to say that the first time we met (Saturday) we slept together. It was good and we clearly connected through that. There was no embarrassment and seemed to just understand each other. We’ve talked through text since and made plans to see each other tomorrow evening. I’ve asked him if he’s talking/meeting other girls and he’s said no and that he does t plan to and I’ve made it clear that I’ll no longer be looking but I keep seeing him come online on the dating site! What does this mean? Is he playing me and just telling me what he thinks I want to hear? Why would he still be going on there if he wasn’t trying to meet other people? Any advice would be much appreciated xx

ellen12
    Participant
    January 13, 2016 at 8:11 pm #91597

I think its a little too early to be deciding to not date other people. you’ve seen each other once. If he’s still on it, he’s still on it for a reason. Id play the game a little, be busy one night.

MikeSSS
    Participant
    January 19, 2016 at 8:59 am #91828

I date girls from online dating and I usually sleep with them after the 2nd date. But after a week I do get tired of them and move on to the next. As it’s easy for me to meet girls so I don’t call myself a player but I like to seek out as much as I can because yes most guys are looking for SEX!! But if the sex wasn’t great with a very experienced guy he would typically move on. Online dating is a game.. I’ve had so much fun under the sheets with a lot of girls and some guys wanna keep that trend going and don’t want to settle down in a relationship just yet!! But don’t stock him that’s a bit over board and it’s not worth the headache REALLY. It’s still early and if he’s like me he is still talking to other girls and that’s the truth you don’t want to hear but it’s reality!! So get back on your dating site and start talking to other guys because you can’t put all your eggs in one basket with this guy. Next time don’t sleep with the guy on the first date. Some girls tend to fall in love

angela2000
    angela2000
    Participant
    February 1, 2016 at 9:05 am #92510

Chances are he is only interested in sex. Let him contact you after the second meeting. Dont bombard him with messages. Wait for him to text you. If he doesn’t just assume he is a player or not ready for a relationship.

angela2000
    angela2000
    Participant
    February 1, 2016 at 9:05 am #92511

Do not pursue guys by text or social media. Chances are he is only interested in sex. Let him contact you after the second meeting. Dont bombard him with messages. Wait for him to text you. If he doesn’t just assume he is a player or not ready for a relationship.

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 16, 2016 at 12:07 pm #93699

Never try to make it exclusive after the first date, especially if you hooked up. How can you be sure he didn’t hook up with something the night before? And the night before that? etc.

jennarose613
    Participant
    February 16, 2016 at 1:27 pm #93707

Ask him about it. Communication is important. He may just be checking his messages, he’s curious. How are you able to see that he is online? Are you online? Cause then isn’t that the same scenario?

Nathanbrady077
    Participant
    February 16, 2016 at 8:16 pm #93730

Might be a bit too early to come to that conclusion. And it also might be a bit too early for you to give up on looking.

Ticusa
    Ticusa
    Participant
    March 7, 2016 at 5:59 pm #95170

I’d say wait for the second date, see what happens there, if he wants to do something nice with you or the plan is just the”Netflix and chill” thing…if so now you would know for sure he’s only interested in sex.

Anon12
    Participant
    March 8, 2016 at 9:50 am #95202
    Reply To: Is he a player?

Too early to make any conclusions. Clearly you’re logging onto the dating app as well to see his status, maybe he thinks you’re done my the same?

Beachlife001
    Beachlife001
    Participant
    April 13, 2016 at 5:53 pm #97719

Be very careful, you don’t want to get hurt. I know a lot of guys on dating sites (not all of them) are after one thing. I would say don’t make anything exclusive until you both agree you are in to each other. That first date could be a wonderful one, or a disaster! Lol. Either way, I would say not to push it too much just to save a heart ache. Good luck and hope all goes well! 🙂

MsLithium
    Participant
    April 14, 2016 at 2:40 am #97735

I would say relax and enjoy this for a little while longer before you jump into exclusiveness. Many guys who are on such sites are only looking for one night stands and such, but if you really both connect that well who knows!

gucci
    gucci
    Participant
    April 15, 2016 at 12:04 pm #97914

I would relax and enjoy, I have made that mistake in the past and it usually turns out driving the person in the others arms.

pdelvent
    Participant
    April 15, 2016 at 4:56 pm #97959

if you want to know if he is a player or not, put his email in ifindcheaters.com it checks almost 20 popular dating websites to see if he has an active account!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  pdelvent.

coldturkey
    Participant
    April 15, 2016 at 6:29 pm #97973

He doesn’t seem as serious as you are so early in the game. Sucks that you actually like him so quickly.Well that means that you know what you want when you see it…not everyone is like that…take it slow from now on.