Is he a STALKER  or I'm overreacting?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is he a STALKER or I'm overreacting?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:46 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Lluvia
    Participant
    January 12, 2014 at 12:15 am #45910
    Is he a STALKER or I'm overreacting?

Met a guy online/text/talk/met and greeted. He seemed ok/normal. No big sparks on my side. We text/call few more times/ met 3 more times/always at public locations at my request,although he had asked to pick me up at my home. He had asked where I lived/worked. I never disclosed this info to him. A few day ago he came to my job, got true security( he said he was there to see me and gave my 1st /last name) and showed up at my work station with 2 dozen roses. I was SHOCKED ! He handed me the flowers, smiled and walked away. I have not text/talk to/seen him since.He didn’t text/call me for 2 days /when he TEXTED was 2 say “good morning”. I keep my personal/professional life separate and felt his action was intrusive/he crossed the line. He’s mid 50’s/Im late 40’s single mom. Is he “old fashion”,stalking me, or I’m overreacting? I looked up his phone num./name online but was inconclusive/shady. Should I confront him or cont. 2 ignore him? He texted again today/has not attempted to call me.

reynolds22
    Participant
    January 13, 2014 at 2:07 am #45933

Sounds a bit shady to me. To find out where you work could be pretty hard to do if your company doesn’t list your name on their site.
    Oh, the other hand maybe this guys likes you so much he put in all that effort to surprise you,

Vigalantejustice
    Participant
    January 13, 2014 at 1:59 pm #45947

Well, lets look at the information we have. You guys met online. While there are many reasons for people to do this in today’s busy and fast-paced world, a large majority of users are socially awkward. So you might have to draw the line in between awkward, or creepy. Another thing I would consider is if he has been in serious relationships in the past i.e. marriage, engagement what have you, this could indicate he is just a little weird, not a stalker.

shhhhhhhh
    Participant
    January 20, 2014 at 11:12 am #46161

How long have you guys been chatting? I think it’s romantic in its own corny way… But I’d probably be weirded out too and bail.
    He does show that he cares enough to put effort in though… I’d still be hesitant with that one.

targetpractice
    Participant
    January 22, 2014 at 10:56 am #46337

Finding out where you work can be relatively easy depending on where you work and if maybe there is someone he could have asked that would have told him, remember stuff on the internet stays on the internet forever. However if you don’t think this is a possibility and the place where you work wouldnt have your name online or on some sort of list for special practices then you might want to be a little careful. His intentions may have not been bad but that may indicate some sort of intrusion/stalking. If it would not show up online easily he would have had to hack your pc or another pc with that info or simply follow u to work which is the definition of stalking if I’m correct. Name is pretty simple to find though especially if he has your number.

The rest seems pretty harmless and he migh just be old fashioned and wanted to surprise you at work, I don’t know how he acted or what he said so that’s something else you would have to gauge yourself.

LadyC
    LadyC
    Participant
    March 31, 2014 at 8:16 pm #50133

OMG, this does not seem safe at all. Hopefully you ran for the hills!