Is he actually into me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is he actually into me?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 9:05 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ijump4life
    Participant
    November 13, 2017 at 6:08 pm #156191
    Is he actually into me?

I met this guy in one of my classes, and we’ve been texting and Snapchatting almost constantly for three weeks now. He compliments me a lot, bought me some food once, and always hugs me when we say goodbye. Other than that, he hasnt done or said anything to expresses interest in dating me. I want to go out with him to see if we would make a good match, but I don’t usually like making the first move. In addition, I’m not 100% sure if I’m making the wrong assumptions about his interest in me, or if he just wants to be friends. He seems like a quiet and shy guy, so maybe he is just nervous to ask me out, if that is his goal. I don’t want to scare him away or make him feel bad if he just wants to be friends, but if he wants to go out with me I’m getting a bit tired of waiting. Are there any low-key, subtle ways to make him realize that I /want/ to go out with him, without having to ask him out myself?

pops1
    Participant
    November 14, 2017 at 1:27 am #156202

Do you’d you both see eachother outside of class? I would say if he snapchats you and texts constantly that could be a indication there is a interest. You said he seems like a shy and quiet guy so maybe he could be thinking the same as you as in he feeling like he doesn’t want to assume anything. I think maybe try and compliment him flirt a little and see but I think maybe you should bite the bullet and ask if he doesn’t .

kostashatz
    Participant
    November 14, 2017 at 12:11 pm #156330

Take the risk show signs that you are intersted to make him make a move.If he doesn’t make one you should make the move and risk it

phaze
    Participant
    November 14, 2017 at 3:15 pm #156357

I’m the shy, quiet guy and it’s usually an insecurity thing…try asking him if there’s any girls that he likes or if he did like a girl how would he tell her? If it doesn’t seem real he might act on it without getting to self-conscious

Monnem10
    Participant
    November 15, 2017 at 9:49 am #156421

I would agree. show that you are interested

Jerry123
    Participant
    November 15, 2017 at 5:19 pm #156546

When you’re chatting ask if you wanna meet up for coffee or food or something. If you’re shy its generslly easier to ask on messenger or Snapchat chst feature. You csn try for nothing.

missmaris
    Participant
    November 16, 2017 at 11:14 pm #156729

There is nothing wrong with throwing the bate the first time round. Given he is shy he might be trying to find the best time to ask. Maybe just mention there is a great movie on this weekend or there is a show you might like to see and say it in a casual way. See how he responds to you. Say it face to face. No messaging. That way you have your visual cues and can better judge your response. If you find that he isn’t showing interest and reciprocating then let it go. You want a man who is going to take charge.

datinglola
    datinglola
    Participant
    November 17, 2017 at 4:31 pm #156847

A subtle move could be to invite him to an event like a party, etc., so it’s a social gathering and not necessarily a date. See how he behaves. If he hangs around you, then he likes you, if he’s talking to other girls then, you have our answer. Another way could be to befriend his friends and get the scoop 🙂

vandypup
    Participant
    November 20, 2017 at 9:59 pm #157026

Just ask him to hang out sometime. If he takes you up then you can go out and gage his interactions with you. If he tries to pay for things that’s a sign. You will tell if he continues his flirty and attentive demeanor when you are going out.