Is he busy or not interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:42 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

nylle623
    Participant
    March 30, 2017 at 1:03 am #131550

I’m wondering what a guy’s perspective of this situation is.
    A friend of mine set me up with her boyfriends roommate. It was a double date and I had never met him before, so it was a blind date. It ended up being a lot of fun and I was very attracted to his personality and looks. At the end of the date, he look me home, walked me to my door and said “We should do something again, can I get your number?”.
    My friend said she talked with him later that night and he said he had fun, but he would like to get to know me better and wanted to ask me out again.
    That was a little over a week ago. I haven’t heard anything from him. Is he busy or not actually interested?
    Also, I was told that he was previously engaged and it ended about a year ago. I don’t know if that has an impact on his outlook on dating? My friend told me he has gone on dates and then will never follow up, but he talks about wanting a relationship and wanting to get married. Is he just afraid of rejection?

Avalanche
    Participant
    March 30, 2017 at 2:01 pm #131638

Hey 🙂

Call him, or contact him. Remind him of the promise he made, or just come up with a date for the two of you. Tell him to meet. If he denies or cancels, he is flapping, if not than your good. If it was him who asked your number, than you should not worry.

Dragonroll
    Participant
    March 30, 2017 at 6:53 pm #131681

If you don’t reach out to him, you’re not giving the shy or relationshipally challenged guys a chance. If you reach out to him several times and he keeps canceling or hedging, then he’s not interested in you but politely pretends to be vaguely interested to feel like a “nice guy” and secretly thinks “oh no she’s going to stalk me” because that’s men for you.
    Plan a casual date that will make him feel comfortable and isn’t too romancy, then call him and ask him out in a funny, cute casual way that makes him feel comfortable about saying yes or no. If he’s “too busy” and doesn’t seem to be able to find time to go or says yes but cancels or doesn’t show up, you have your answer.
    If he goes, awesome!

SharonJohnson
    Participant
    March 31, 2017 at 7:03 am #131692

He is busy and not interested that’s why ignoring you. Have some self respect.

Amanda S. Guerrero
    Participant
    March 31, 2017 at 8:47 am #131694

Actually he is no more interested in you. Take time to understand the situation. Directly ask him to make his position clear.

windowsisshit
    windowsisshit
    Participant
    March 31, 2017 at 10:44 am #131724

i think he’s probably busy but why didn’t you contact him through your friend’s boyfriend, i’m sure he would’ve helped you by contacting him or something like that