Is he clueless or am I crazy?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:26 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

IgpayAtenlay
    Participant
    November 21, 2014 at 3:41 pm #67910

I am a freshman (girl) in highschool who has a crush on a senior (boy). We are both in percussion in marching band and I have gone with him to a highschool play (I don’t know if he thought of it as a date, no kissing but a lot of talking and laughing). When I asked him to the play I asked him over e-mail. I know it’s bad but I was literally shaking when I tried to ask him in person. Today I offered him tickets to a chorus concert, for him to come with me, and he said he was busy. Here is my question: When he said he was busy he said “I don’t know why you feel you have to bring me to these things.” Is he completely clueless of my crush or I am just crazy? What do I do next?

booimaghost57
    Participant
    November 22, 2014 at 11:42 am #67960

One of the main things you’re going to want to do is just try to talk to him about it. I’m the world’s worst about trying to talk to someone about things. Coming from a senior in college, a freshman in high school and a senior in high school are also on two COMPLETELY different levels when it comes to dating, and he’s probably leaving for college next year. Don’t put yourself through that, darling. Going on dates with him is fine, but don’t let yourself get too attached to him right now. This is all just coming from personal experience. He probably knows that you have a crush on him but isn’t sure how to go about it. There’s a possibility that he has a crush on you as well, but just doesn’t know how to handle it because of the age gap that you two are at right now and with him possibly going off to college next fall. My main piece of advice is to talk to him soon before you let yourself get too attached.

Best of luck, darling!

Raven99
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 6:45 am #68393

I think the big clue is his response: “I don’t know why you feel you have to bring me to these things.” If I really liked a girl I would jump at any chance to spend time with her. I would suggest giving it another try and if you still get the same response, then move on to someone who wants to spend time with you

JChristie
    JChristie
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 3:05 pm #68465

i remember how amazing the senior guys looked when i was a freshman. they are much more manly than our fellow freshman. many freshman get crushes on seniors, girls and boys. but it is better to stay closer to your own age.
    i am sorry to tell you, but most seniors are not interested in freshman, and for good reason. remember, he may be off to college next year, and most likely will not want a long term relationship. i think he thinks you are a good person, but is trying to protect you and him from a potentially painful breakup.
    don’t be in too big a rush to grow up. be silly with your friends while you can. you will be an adult soon enough. and definitely, don’t put out to be popular. i know loneliness can be really hard at your age. you are going through a lot of changes, and day dreaming about that handsome senior is more fun than doing homework.

abod
    Participant
    December 5, 2014 at 4:26 pm #68800

get to know him better

Whatever94
    Participant
    December 5, 2014 at 8:37 pm #68811

Some guys like for the girl to sincere with them about their intentions, and we guys sometimes like to do the same with girls. If you really want him to know about it, you should really try to tell him in some soft way, after you guys went out or something.

Peter94
    Participant
    December 5, 2014 at 8:53 pm #68819

Addin to that guy, although be careful not to be overly confident about it.

Anonymous
    December 5, 2014 at 11:45 pm #68823

crazy