Is he ending things with me or not?! Need opinions please!!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Oryeth
    Participant
    May 8, 2016 at 12:18 pm #99957

Me and this guy have been dating exclusively for 2 months. We text each other a few times a day to let each other know about our days (since we live 40mins from each other and obviously have our own lives), and we used to see each other once every 1 or 2 weeks for dinner. He’s always been a gentleman, and he’s so honest and kind to me. I spent the night at his house 2 weeks ago, and everything was really great and cute (we had already had sex before this night) but the following week he was quite distant, so i asked if everything was okay and he told me “its too intense and i think everything was getting to me so i needed a break to get his head around things(he hadnt replied to me all weekend). im not ready for a serious relationship and it felt like we were becoming a commitment.” i asked if he meant he didnt want to see me anymore, but he said no we should meet this weekend. we didnt text all week, we didnt arrange anything. shall i continue to wait (with no contact)?

May 10, 2016 at 1:27 pm #100068

MOVE ON. If you let him treat you like an option while he’s sees that he’s your priority then your relationship will always be this way. You need to show him upfront through your actions what kind of a girl you are. If he knows you’re the type that will wait around on the side for him then he’ll always keep you like that, on the sidelines until he’s ready to play with you. You don’t want to be that girl. Trust me.
    If you want him to WANT you, then stop contacting him at all. Trust me, this works. He will wonder what happened to his play thing and want to find you again. Then, after he found you make sure you’re the one in control of the relationship. If you don’t know how to do that then there’s this awesome book that I read once it’s called Why Men Love Bitches. It’s literally like the bible on how women need to assert themselves in order to keep the man always interested and wanting them. Truly, go find the book. All the answers are there! Good luck 🙂

Anonymous
    May 11, 2016 at 9:17 am #100045

its clear he doesn’t want the commitment of a relationship but wants you to be around when he wants to see you. perhaps he’s seeing a few other women or just not ready for the responsibility of being in a relationship. be clear with him about what your expectations are and if he’s not on board then you can’t do girlfriend things for someone that is not willing to be your boyfriend. women love to wait around for the man they love, we have all the patience in the world when it comes to this. however, while we wait they continue with their lives, they lose nothing and might even gain new pseudo-relationships with other women in the meantime… don’t wait around. life is too short. i know its easier said than done, esp when you have such strong feelings for this person but better to do it now and move on then hurt later and be set back and distracted form finding the love you deserve.