DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is he hidding his feelings?

Author
    Comments

• Manobilli
    Participant
    September 2, 2016 at 7:10 pm #110457
    Is he hidding his feelings?

I had been in love with a guy madly though we never dated. His personality inspired me alot so I developed liking for him. Sometime back, I proposed him to which he refused. I thought he didnt like me. And upon my query, he said he is neutral about my matter. He neither likes me nor does he dislike me. I met him after 7 months of timespan at his office when I was there for a job interview. I thought he’d might avoid me in front of his friends and colleagues but he turned to behave very cultured rather by offering me his assistance if I had screwed up somewhere during my assesment. In the end he offered me to have a cup of tea with him as well (which was too unexpected). I even observed his body language; he has a little smile on his face but was nervous. Morever, he wasn’t having any eye contact with me as if he was being shy. I feel he is hiding his emotional part from me. Maybe he has feelings for me too or have developed with time.

I’d appreciate if I receive some guidance.

Phtgrphr
    Phtgrphr
    Participant
    September 3, 2016 at 9:02 pm #110503

Hello Manbilli,
    I think that your approach leaves little for him to feel challenged by. By him asking you out for a casual coffee/tea date it does show interest, and perhaps you’ve answered your own question here. Go with your gut, and body language is very telling. Good eye contact is hard for some people to maintain, but a lack of it can mean two very opposite things. I would say just be yourself, but maybe tone it down a bit in terms of letting him know how interested you are in him. As unfortunate as it is, some guys will not actually be interested if they think it’s too easy.
    Just go slow with this, try not to rush into anything. A work relationship can be hard to maintain as well so tread with caution.
    Best of luck! 😀

tffine
    Participant
    September 5, 2016 at 4:37 pm #110528

sounds interested to me.

anonna
    Participant
    September 8, 2016 at 1:18 pm #110835

he sounds very confusing. Best thing to do would just ask him straight out if he has feelings for you

apu222
    Participant
    September 9, 2016 at 2:53 pm #110912

ask him

JuliaPsy
    Participant
    September 9, 2016 at 4:38 pm #110926

I don’t think he is interested in you in a romantic way (but I might be wrong). I just think he thinks you are alright as a person and since there is a possibility you both will be working together he might aswell take the first step by acting nice so as to avoid akward situations. I also think you should be careful as you both will be working together, do not mix love and biz.. it’s very risky. focus on work for now and if its gonna be too akward for you..choose another place of work