Is he hiding me? 1.5 years dating

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hellokitty415
    Participant
    January 16, 2014 at 11:30 pm #46061

So my boyfriend of 1- 1/2 years dating seriously hasn’t introduced me to his family. My family lives 3000+ miles away so that is more understandable, but his family visits close-ish to our town to see relatives and he typically goes to see them there without inviting me along.
    I think its happened 3 or 4 times.
    We also live together and have a dog together, we know all of each others friends, so I sort of wonder why he doesn’t seem motivated it would be nice for me to meet his parents. My own parents (who live 3000 miles away) will be visiting the area in a few months and I plan to have them meet him of course.

Any ideas on how best to approach this?
    sidenote: also It also seems like my boyfriend doesn’t want to friend me on Facebook. (I recently friended him there and waiting for him to add me) 🙁 He claims to not use facebook much, but he has over 1000 friends so thats crazy.

At times I wonder if he is hiding me from his family or what?

thanks!
    -Confused

Hammerhead
    Participant
    January 18, 2014 at 7:02 pm #46143

I was with a girlfriend for two years and I never once looked at her photos on Facebook, and probably visited her page twice to post something funny. I try to stay away from social media when in relationships. It doesn’t do anything to help the relationship along.

As far as the family thing, maybe he is insecure about something. Maybe a crazy brother, bad relationship with his father, who knows.. Could be anything. I would just be up front with him about your feelings and see if there’s an explanation for him not wanting to introduce you guys.