Is he interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is he interested?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 7:48 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lisa
    lisa
    Participant
    September 30, 2014 at 4:10 am #65042
    Is he interested?

I have been thinking nonstop about a guy and I am trying to figure out if I am imagining a connection or if there was really something there. Even though dating is not a priority for me, there was something different. Unfortunately, he was my ER doctor.

I have a complex medical condition so I’ve been to the ER a few times in the last couple of years. At least twice, I was assigned to him. He is always friendly and nice, but very professional. The last time, he was still friendly and nice but the volume was turned up: he was a little flirty, he spent a lot of time in my “room” even though it was a madhouse, and when I told him that I hoped not to see him again, he said that we could see one another outside the hospital.

The thing is that I don’t know if my feelings are romantic or friendly. I can’t seem to think about him romantically, but thinking about him makes me smile. Either way, I’d like to find out. But if I’m wrong about him, I can move on.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by lisa lisa.

Adrari
    Participant
    September 30, 2014 at 1:00 pm #65094

It’s very hard to say. He might be interested and he might not be. It sounds to me like you are thinking of him romantically, if thinking about him does make you smile. As you said, you have to find out for yourself. Good luck!

lisa
    lisa
    Participant
    September 30, 2014 at 9:54 pm #65121

Thanks for the reply. My big question is whether he is interested. My “signal catcher” has been off for a while and the situation is so messy that pursuing anything (even a friendship) could be very bad if I am wrong about his interest. My friend said that he was probably interested but didn’t act because he didn’t want to get in trouble with his job. But, for a couple of reasons, I’m not so sure.

FWIW, every since I got sick, I am always excited to meet any new friend that is not part of my “Sick People Society.” OTOH, I felt the same way about my late fiancé, “John” when we first met so I can’t really tell if I have a similar connection with the dr. or if the dr. just reminds me of John.

Confused786
    Participant
    October 1, 2014 at 12:50 pm #65172

The best way to find out his intentions and your feelings is to simply hangout with him outside of the hospital. If he steps up his flirting game then I would say he is interested. If he still keeps it on a professional level then I don’t think he is.

lisa
    lisa
    Participant
    October 2, 2014 at 9:04 am #65195

Thanks again. You have a very good point Confused786. Its out of my hands now. I have no legitimate reason to contact him and he has no way to contact me without risking his job. I guess I’ll just have to see what happens the next time I end up in the ER which I hope won’t be for a couple of years (I’m not going to make myself sick or exaggerate my symptoms just to see if he likes me). If he doesn’t remember me then, I’ll have my answer.

somesquirrel
    Participant
    October 7, 2014 at 12:39 pm #65413

An ER doc? They vary in personalities and temperment. Most are married and not interested or too busy for you. He might be just looking for a fix in the booty call. I used to work in an ER as a volunteer and it’s a hard life for anyone to be in medicine there. I would say follow your instincts.

shashank99
    Participant
    October 9, 2014 at 10:08 pm #65629

You have to find out yourself . hang out for a while and estimate what his priorities would be

devoidofcuddles
    Participant
    October 9, 2014 at 11:41 pm #65633

It’s hard to say with his profession – he could just be being nice

lisa
    lisa
    Participant
    October 10, 2014 at 7:19 am #65640

Somesquirrel, you have great insight about doctors which probably explains why he’s single and a little awkward. However, I’m a bit confused as to which instincts I should be following. My true instincts are telling me that he was into me. Then I questioned myself and my rational instincts were to move on – particularly since I didn’t know my own feelings.

I swear, I feel like a hot mess. I don’t have time to think about this messy, uncertain situation, but when I have a quiet moment at night or early in the morning, he’ll randomly pop into my mind. Plus, I find myself checking out random short, Jewish guys to see if I’ve actually seen the doc before. Usually, I would have moved on by now and I can’t figure out why I haven’t. I can’t talk about it with my friends and family. My parents already have us married and pregnant. My friends know my history and can’t figure out why I haven’t already lost interest.

lisa
    lisa
    Participant
    October 15, 2014 at 3:38 am #65960
    Reply To: Is he interested?

Thanks so much. Its been about three months so I’m chalking this one up to “missed opportunities.” I’m positive that I am interested in at least a friendship (we have a lot in common and converse easily) so I’ll just have to see what happens IF I ever see him again.

girlonfire
    Participant
    October 15, 2014 at 6:50 pm #66002

GO OUT WITH HIM….enough said

TDH804
    Participant
    October 16, 2014 at 1:27 am #66004

It sounds like he’s interested…go for it!

jerseygirl65
    Participant
    October 19, 2014 at 5:38 pm #66174

I’m going through something similar right now so I feel for you. I wish I had better advice to give you. But for now I have to agree with what everyone else has said… you never know what will happen until you take a chance and find out for yourself. Good luck! And keep me posted please on how things work out for you… maybe it will help me with my situation as well.. 🙂