Is He Interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is He Interested?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:17 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

anxiousdater
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 4:02 pm #84653
    Is He Interested?

So I met a guy online, pretty normal nowadays. I am a 41 year old single mother for the record, was married for 15 years which ended 3 years ago so dating is still slightly awkward for me.

We chatted for a few days online before I gave him my text number. Conversation was great, and we seemed to be looking for the same thing – a relationship and not a hookup. We made plans to meet for lunch. Hit it off really well and went for a walk after lunch, ended up spending 4 hours together. We kissed a few times.

He told me he wanted to see me again and texted me shortly after I left. We then had an hour and a half phone call late that night which he initiated. He asked me if I was free Saturday night and I was so we made plans and I ended up at his house and we hung out for 5 hours. Yep we had sex within pretty much a half hour of me getting there, which some will say I should not have done that but I very comfortable with my sexuality and we were both extremely into it…..

anxiousdater
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 4:08 pm #84655

…..it was definitely rather good sex I will say. Afterwards we hung out, watched a movie, cuddled on the couch and talked, it was all very comfortable for the most part. He walked me to my car when I left. Within 5 minutes of me getting home he sent me a text to ask if I made it home safe, very cute I thought but me being doubtful of the whole dating scene I still had my doubts whether this was just a hookup or booty call so hence the name anxious dater lol.

So this was Saturday Night and its now Monday evening. We have chatted through text since then. I have not made any reference to seeing him again as I have found in the past I have come across needy or anxious (again username), so I am taking a step back but not so far back that im coming across as cold. Sunday morning he texted me. I was at a pool party and he made a comment about swimming would be nice. I said “wanna come haha just kidding” his response was “haha maybe not yet”. He also made a comment that he enjoyed…..

anxiousdater
    Participant
    August 25, 2015 at 8:21 am #84656

our night together, sex was good. I said I thought we meshed well and he said “so far so good”. So this sounds good right? He has initiated all of the texting conversation but I dont make him wait for a response, thats just stupid. On saturday night I brought him a bag of chips that he liked and we were joking around about getting him another one and he made a comment that he would share it with me, so another cute comment.

So the thing is its Monday evening now and he STILL has not asked me out for a third date. I also have noticed hes been online, well and I have been too even tho im not talking to anyone because I do not serial date.

So contact has been very good still, a few comments that make him sound like hes not a jerk, we definitely clicked and have quite a bit in common. I dont think I have come across as needy and I have my own life and I enjoy it. Am I being too anxious/impatient? I dont want to ask him out because then how do I really know if it he really interested.