Is he interested, I'm so confused!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:21 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Oh Boy!!
    Participant
    December 5, 2017 at 9:42 am #159035

So we had been texting for a few weeks and we finally went out last weekend. I thought it went really well. He picked me up, which was a first, and we were out all evening into the night. When he dropped me off we kissed and said goodnight. The next day I sent a text and it took him SEVERAL hours to respond, I just can’t tell if he’s still interested or not as I haven’t heard from him since. Am I overreacting?

siinoevil
    siinoevil
    Participant
    December 5, 2017 at 8:24 pm #159169

It could be that he was interested, but when you two went on your date, he realised that you two were not a good fit and he didn’t want to flat out say it to you. I would message him and ask, politely and nicely, If he was interested in another date, and if he wasn’t, why he wasn’t. Make sure to not phrase it like you’re demanding or blaming him.

If he doesn’t answer, than don’t worry anymore about it. If he doesn’t think you’re worth it, don’t waste your time with him.

nair98
    Participant
    December 6, 2017 at 6:35 am #159186

I think he is interested in you, it took several hours to respond because that is just a game that some girls and guys play where they take hours to respond so that it makes you anxious and more into him.

SknTd
    Participant
    December 6, 2017 at 3:20 pm #159274

I know it can be frustrating when someone doesn’t respond right away. That’s how I can usually tell if he’s interested and I’m not some number, is if he responds right away. However, it could be that they are not truly interested in a serious relationship, either. That’s a difficult distinction you’ll have to make, and one that time can give a good answer to. I like siinoevil’s advice but, for me, it’s too forward. For me observation and actions speak louder than words.

koncrete_rose
    Participant
    December 10, 2017 at 9:06 am #159590

Relax! Maybe he was busy at the time. I wouldn’t worry right now. If it becomes a pattern of behavior, then maybe things are heading south.

Disillusioned
    Participant
    December 10, 2017 at 9:43 am #159593

This is why I hate texting so much, even though it can serve a very useful purpose … yikes. It could be anything: While I don’t expect people to get back to my texts right away, I do expect them to get back at some point, barring certain instances. And on the odd occasion there are people (friends I’ve known a long time) who never got the text. You know how technology can be. If you text again and he never gets back, there’s your answer as far as I’m concerned.

dttb305
    Participant
    December 10, 2017 at 11:22 am #159596

I’ve read that sometimes from a guy’s point of view that responding right away makes him looks desperate. So I agree with DisIllusioned’s response.

jake.gardener
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 12:44 pm #159668
    Reply To: Is he interested, I'm so confused!

Guys (and girls) can take ages to reply because they don’t want to be seen as needy, or he was busy. Maybe leave the ball in his court by telling him to let you know when he’s free. Or you could be up front and ask ‘what are you doing on… – let’s do/go…’ that gives you an edge as you’ve made it clear you want to do something with him – don’t text him for a bit after that and he might wonder why you haven’t followed up.

HikingGirl92
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 8:09 pm #159765

I agree this is confusing. I am dealing with a somewhat similar situation. Personally I think it’s always best to ask for clarity, if he is still being vague or playing games after that then you know he’s not the right one.

bakergirl91
    Participant
    December 11, 2017 at 10:48 pm #159772

He could be interested. Just give it time and maybe he was busy.

simcain74
    Participant
    December 12, 2017 at 11:53 am #159827

I’ve run into that situation so many times and it’s usually a combination of the person’s either really busy or they’re trying to not sound too eager. I think the best thing to do is sleep on it a day or 2 and there’s nothing wrong about asking for clarity after that.