Is he interested in me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is he interested in me?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:53 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mwest29
    Participant
    February 8, 2015 at 6:23 pm #72853
    Is he interested in me?

I am interested in a man who is 15 yrs older and used to be my boss. I am in college and applying for medical school. It was a very casual work environment and I got to know him pretty well (nothing inappropriate). I saw him for the first time in a few months at the gym. He went on a treadmill next to me and we chatted for 40 minutes. I sent him a message a few days later saying “It was nice to see you! If you’d like to get a few beers and some food sometime, let me know. My treat!” He replied “I’d be up for that! The earliest I could do is next week though. I came down with a cold. Get a workout in at the gym for me since I can’t make it!”

I’ve liked him for 2 years but never made any moves since I worked with him. He doesn’t seem like a very forward person with dating, so I can’t tell if he would be interested. We worked very well together. How do I find out if he is interested? Dont want to embarrass myself. Does it sound like a date? How do I find out if hes interested?

whathowdoi
    Participant
    February 8, 2015 at 8:11 pm #72856

Can’t say I’m too experienced but my 2 thoughts

i) It sounds like he genuinely has a cold and can’t go sooner (not sure if you thought he might be pushing you off)

ii) I would go to the meetup/hangout/whatever with an open mind and try flirting with him. Not every date has to be spelled out as such beforehand to get flirty.

Hope that helps ๐Ÿ™‚

mwest29
    Participant
    February 8, 2015 at 8:24 pm #72861

Thank you for your advice! Yeah I wasn’t questioning the cold. I know he had one (took off work). ๐Ÿ™‚

Canโ€™t say Iโ€™m too experienced but my 2 thoughts
    i) It sounds like he genuinely has a cold and canโ€™t go sooner (not sure if you thought he might be pushing you off)
    ii) I would go to the meetup/hangout/whatever with an open mind and try flirting with him. Not every date has to be spelled out as such beforehand to get flirty.
    Hope that helps :)

Ornelas91
    Ornelas91
    Participant
    February 11, 2015 at 6:44 pm #73264

It seems like he is since yall worked out at the gym and talked to one another for 40 minutes…. He accepted the invitation to come have a few beers your treat so that shows him you are interested in him. Since he accepted ide say he is…… just keep talking to him and spending more time with him … possibly invite over to your house to watch a movie or something… see where it takes you. ๐Ÿ™‚

hisgirlnow78
    Participant
    February 12, 2015 at 2:22 pm #73307

He sounds interested to me. Ask him again.

irresolute
    Participant
    February 13, 2015 at 1:40 pm #73370

Ask him and see what happens. However, if he’d liked you enough, he’d had asked you first

redpoppy
    Participant
    February 15, 2015 at 6:15 am #73453

Well, I’d say it DOES sound like a date, and the fact that he said yes means that he is interested or MIGHT be interested, at the very least. You said yourself he doesn’t seem like a very forward person, so that can be why he hasn’t asked you first. I’d say text him again ๐Ÿ™‚

linda_zhang
    Participant
    February 15, 2015 at 2:28 pm #73465

If he is 15 years your senior and he is still single, then my deduction that he is a very shy person (like you observed that he was not very forward with dating). You have worked with him for 2 years and since you like him, you must have observed him a lot.

If I were you, I would find out about his dating experience, how many times he has dated and how was the dating process – did he make the first moves, how did he woo the girls, etc. Then you would have a clearer picture on how he shows interest towards his love interests. Just make casual conversations about this during group discussions.

If your observation is correct that he is indeed very shy when it comes to going after his love interests, then I guess you would have to drop a lot of hints that you are interested in him. Don’t be too scared that your colleagues will find out that you like your boss. You will get teased or talked about for a few months, but so what, there will move on to other gossips in no time.

n33dlove
    Participant
    February 20, 2015 at 12:01 pm #73792
    Reply To: Is he interested in me?

I would invite him to a group setting first just to feel him out. Use that as an opportunity to flirt a little.

Mol_2412
    Participant
    February 20, 2015 at 3:41 pm #73834

I would ask him and see how it goes.

JessM
    Participant
    February 21, 2015 at 10:51 pm #73872

Yes

wwc92
    Participant