Is he interested in me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is he interested in me?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

penguin623
    Participant
    July 24, 2016 at 10:19 pm #106372
    Is he interested in me?

So I met this guy at the beginning of the summer (we’re both in college) and I’ve developed a huge crush on him over the span of the summer months.
    He is shy, awkward and also extremely laid back. I know he’s been busy with a lot of things of his own this summer as well.
    In the beginning, he and I seemed to have some chemistry in class and stuff but we never really talked much. I’m pretty shy as well so I was way too nervous to go over and talk to him.
    Then I got his number from a mutual friend so we began texting (and also snapchatting). He isn’t a great communicator – I can tell he isnt too much into texting. However, sometimes we would talk for like the entire night, and other times he wouldn’t answer me back. It really fluctuates.
    Last week I flat out told him that I liked him via text – He had no clue that I even liked him when I told him, so clearly he isn’t good with picking up on flirting signals from women either. In response, he told me that he was…

penguin623
    Participant
    July 24, 2016 at 10:22 pm #106373

glad that I told him how I felt and he was super SUPER nice to me for a long time (sending me winky faces and smiley faces) and saying things like i bet it feels good to get that off your chest, etc. But he gave me no reaffirmation that he liked me back or anything until about 30 minutes later when he said “by the way I think you’re really cute too ;)” and that just confused the hell out of me. He never starts the conversations, I always do. He seems genuinely interested in what I’m saying. I just don’t know. It’s clear he hasn’t had a lot of experience with women or dating. So maybe he does like me but he just isn’t sure how to handle it. I’m not sure if he’s interested in me or not or what I should do from here. I really really like him a lot but he is just so hard to read. Any advice? 🙂 Thanks!

Escthen
    Participant
    July 25, 2016 at 4:14 am #106376

I think he isn’t interested in you

HelenaTroy
    Participant
    July 25, 2016 at 4:05 pm #106441

I have no idea how old this guy but he sounds socially awkward. You say it yourself he has little experience with women. When he tells you he thinks you are cute that is him confirming an infatuation. He likes you but sounds like you will have to initiate any time you spend together.

CoconutRum43
    Participant
    July 25, 2016 at 6:53 pm #106475

Yeah, it sounds like he just doesnt have the desire to pursue you. He maybe just nervous about it like you said. You said he is busy (which is no excuse) but maybe he is going through it in regards to life right now. What do you know about his personal/family life?

penguin623
    Participant
    July 26, 2016 at 9:06 am #106444

We’re both 19. It’s frustrating because he’s just really bad a communicating with me…sometimes he opens my messages or snaps and doesn’t answer. And other times we have conversations. It depends. I like him a lot but if he isn’t interested in me then I’m not sure it’s worth all this confusion.

Winry
    Winry
    Participant
    July 28, 2016 at 7:33 pm #106829

So I am only a year older than you (20) and even with my bf that I have been with since I was 18 can be awkward like this. For some guys, it’s weird for them to talk about their feelings especially over text and snapchat. When I first started dating my boyfriend, he was very very much like this. Even now, I am usually the one who texts first and last, calls, and initiates on social media. At first I thought it was a lack of enthusiasm, but I’ve since learned that he is just introverted enough that he wants one-on-one time in person and doesn’t really want to be in constant communication 24/7. My boyfriend (as well as MOST guys) are really REALLY bad on picking up on flirting, “hints”, and don’t generally analyze everything like we women do. I say you should openly ask him “do you have feelings for me?” or “What are we considered?”. Open verbal communication is best!

keyster2011
    Participant
    July 28, 2016 at 11:31 pm #106833

I am a guy and to be honest it could be one of two things. He is either awkward around girls or he isn’t into you. I would think the first since he is showing the sings that he is into you, but he just might not know how to say it. I would say that if you really are into him and want to pursue something with him, I would not be so available to him when he does respond back. You can text him first but don’t be so quick to respond or snapchat back.

kkkkhubvvvv
    Participant
    July 29, 2016 at 5:08 am #106835

Yea he’s just not used to female attention I don’t I think, or he’s not interested.

CiaoBella
    Participant
    July 29, 2016 at 5:25 pm #106936
    Reply To: Is he interested in me?

It sounds like you both need a little more experience with reading signals, etc. Well first guys don’t easily express themselves when it comes to emotions or personal things…it takes a solid emotional connection with him for him to feel safe enough for him to be forthcoming. He may not come right out and say it bc he fears rejection, or is shy and doesn’t know how. But i think if he didn’t like you he probably would not have told you that you are cute. So i do think it may be mutual. You could ask him out on a date to “hang out” and see what happens, if theres any chemistry. But keep it fun, don’t talk about feelings, etc…just do fun activities and get to know each other.

Manccheekyguy18
    Participant
    July 29, 2016 at 6:42 pm #106954

It could be he’s like me and rubbish at reading signals.

zoemarks263
    Participant
    July 30, 2016 at 12:06 am #106966

Hard to tell… maybe?