Is he interested in me or is he playing mind games?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 4:55 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

achala92
    Participant
    June 27, 2017 at 4:23 am #140671

So this guy at office who seems a bit shy has been giving me too much attention. I kinda find him interesting too but the problem is I am not sure if he is genuinely interested or is simply trying to play mind games on me. The reason being, sometimes (for a few days) he looks highly interested throwing all obvious signs of attention, making eye contacts, behaving as if he is absolutely mesmerized by my presence. But sometimes (next few days) he acts as if I don’t exist and ignores me in every possible way, avoids every possible eye contact. I would have loved to approach him but this behavior of him has left me confused. Its been a month and I haven’t spoken with him yet. What to do?

Mel4everable
    Mel4everable
    Participant
    June 27, 2017 at 2:15 pm #140738

Trust me,I’m in a similar situation as yours right now and it is very confusing. Maybe you should ask him why he “ghosted” on you or tell him that you are confused and you don’t want to be so give you the real deal.

Emi
    Participant
    June 27, 2017 at 4:16 pm #140780

I understand this feeling, perhaps you should initiate something as casual as possible like a text saying hey or go up to him in real life casually and say hey, be honest to say I know we don’t talk much nor no each other but would yo like to hang out. Ask to help you with work. Just do anything to get him to at least talk to you in the first place, if he flirts flirt back as this may give encouragement then if you ever begin to really talk, the topic of dating will come up whether he likes someone or if you have someone etc. If he hasn’t been with anyone or doesn’t like anyone and refers to other girls a friends then his behavior may be a game to get the girl to chase him, you said he was shy right or he may act this way because there is some intrest there but its the minimal kind that he wants you when he wants you, very hot n cold and inconsitent and will only want you as a hook up 🙁

kindestlass
    kindestlass
    Participant
    June 28, 2017 at 4:31 pm #140903

I was going through a similar situation and my analyst told me that guys work in a diferent mode than girls. You have to let him chase you. Salute him, but let him do the job. If he’s shy, be friendly with him, but let him go after you.

CD25
    Participant
    June 28, 2017 at 11:43 pm #140931

I´m also in a confusing situation right now. I think you need to observe if he is also showing the “he´s into you signs” to other girls. or if he does this when you are only in a specific situation. If he does these things only to you, then he´s probably into you. Guys treat the girl they like differently from other girls. I think you should throw in some hints that you are interested in him. Make yourself open and approachable. Then see how he picks up from there. Goodluck! 🙂

lmw123
    Participant
    July 3, 2017 at 11:48 am #141266

If he’s giving you attention that’s a good sign.

datingisconfusing
    Participant
    July 3, 2017 at 12:09 pm #141267

It could be worth asking around other people in the office to see their opinion – if they think he’s into you based on how he acts around you then that could be a good indicator. Otherwise, just keep yourself open to his attention without chasing after it and he just might ask you out. Good luck!

Bryguy
    Participant
    July 4, 2017 at 3:08 am #141288

.Guys have no idea if your interested in them or not especially the shy type. I am shorter, mysteriouso, social outcast type, this archetypal male is more common then you think, we are trying to show women we can take charge but being different means creepy to most women. He probably is aware of his eccentricities and not sure what mask to wear in order to attract you…he thinks you don’t know he’s shy because he probably isn’t around the office. Give him a shot, if he is well read that means he is confident enough to not let his shortcomings not get the better of him.