Is he interested or just being nice?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:55 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JulzC78
    Participant
    March 4, 2017 at 9:29 pm #129083

Recently started private messaging with a former boyfriend. It’s been about 20 years since we were a couple (which was only for about 2 months). He was actually my first lover. He is divorced, and I do not know if he is in a relationship, but I don’t think he is. He was trying to flirt with a mutual friend on FB until she started ignoring him around Valentine’s day. Anyways, he sent me a private message that said “Happy birthday love” and I decided to go for it and mentioned we should hang out or go to dinner when I moved back to town in a few weeks. He said sure. Last weekend, he private messaged me about a comment I made. I gave him the story, which is tragic. Then I asked if he was still interested in dinner. He said he was sure we could work something out. No more communication to this point other than liking a few of my posts on FB. I am interested in him, but I really don’t know how he feels. I also can’t decide if I should continue messaging him informally to see what happens.

MissPatikan
    Participant
    March 6, 2017 at 3:15 am #129113

He’s just playing with you

Dani
    Participant
    March 7, 2017 at 2:37 am #129232

i think you should wait for him to message you first. if he wants to talk to you then he will make an effort

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    March 7, 2017 at 4:16 pm #129334

he’s playing. i don’t think he’s interested. i’d look elsewhere

SickofThis
    Participant
    March 9, 2017 at 8:39 pm #129684

Impossible to know. I don’t think you should ask him about dinner again, but you could keep the casual conversation going and see if he mentions it. It sounds like he’s at least interested in communicating a bit. But don’t get your hopes up too much.

MermaidDreams
    MermaidDreams
    Participant
    March 11, 2017 at 12:55 am #129839

He is probably unsure of himself and his feelings. He’s playing with the idea of love without actually going for it. Wait it out and see if he comes on stronger. If not, he isn’t interested in pursuing more. If a guy wants something, he will make attempts to get it.

stilltryingdunnowhy
    Participant
    March 11, 2017 at 3:15 pm #129841

Not sure how often things work out a second time around, but just wait for him to answer. If he doesn’t get back to you, you have your answer.

SleepingBeauty
    Participant
    March 12, 2017 at 9:19 pm #129861

I met a guy on a site, and we dated platonically for years though long distance. Although we have much in common, he always kept the conversation superficial. He friended me on Facebook and “liked” and commented on everything I posted. After four years of this, I told him I was moving up North (mid-Atlantic for now), and he said he wanted to visit, sent a lot of flirty messages. We arranged to spend three days in a town neither of us lives in, in adjoining rooms at a hotel (my idea to try to give him the hint) But in three days of sightseeing, I couldn’t get him to talk about anything deeper than academic subjects. Once he returned home, all messages from him ceased, though he seemed to still post things I would be interested in and kept “liking” my posts.. I then told him I was unfriending him so we could focus on actual communication. He emailed that he wanted to be honest and tell me his “shortcomings.” I said that would be great. A month later and nothing more from him.