Is He Interested or Not?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is He Interested or Not?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BerryCrazy
    Participant
    February 17, 2013 at 1:24 am #22854
    Is He Interested or Not?

I worked with a guy for 6 months and during that time he made conversation with me nearly every day, sometimes for the better part of the day since we weren\’t busy. We discovered that we had alot in common, from music to movies, tv, etc. I really came to look forward to our conversations and I think he did too. We also ate lunch together nearly every day. He was always bringing me things he thought I would like – music, books, movie suggestions, websites, even some things he baked for me.

BUT the only thing he never did was ask me out. What gives? Do guys really put this much effort into relationships with women they ARENT interested in?

He has now moved on to a new position at a different company and we still email but no calls or texts. He suggested we meet for lunch this week and I’m not really sure if I’m having lunch with a FRIEND or someone who’s interested in more.

P.S. I’m 100% sure he knows that I would be interested in a relationship with him.

abbystheone
    Participant
    February 19, 2013 at 8:49 pm #23103

Either the guy is reallll slow when it comes to asking someone out or he’s married. If you like this guy(which it sounds like ya do), then it might not be a bad idea to accept his lunch request. During lunch you can ask him if he’s interested in you or not. Sometimes being straight up is the best thing.He obviously likes you too or he wouldn’t have brought you baked goods…lol. When you need answers it’s time to ask! Good luck!

BerryCrazy
    Participant
    February 21, 2013 at 8:15 am #23274

Thanks Abby. In the spirit of ‘He’s just not that into you’, I’ve decided to put this one in the ‘just friends’ bucket. I did have lunch with my buddy and since he didn’t make any advances I’m just going to take that as the final word. I have to say, it is frustrating however, all the mixed signals guys can give.

suzieQ66
    Participant
    February 23, 2013 at 6:08 pm #23514

I have been dating a 48 year old man for 7 weeks. We have been intimate two times and it was emotional for both of us, so it seemed. He was to have had dinner with me this past Friday night, but texted me (only texts) and asked if we could move it to Thur. night as he just made plans to go skiing with the guys. I agreed and we changed the date. It was nice. He texted me Sat. and told me that he didn’t go skiing after all. I asked him if he wanted to go out with me as I was meeting couple friends at a local pub. He said he would have liked to, but was going out with his friend. How do I read that? He’s not that interested in being in a relationship, or he was just with me this past Thursday and it is just dating? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

abbystheone
    Participant
    February 25, 2013 at 9:49 pm #23616

I have been dating a 48 year old man for 7 weeks. We have been intimate two times and it was emotional for both of us, so it seemed. He was to have had dinner with me this past Friday night, but texted me (only texts) and asked if we could move it to Thur. night as he just made plans to go skiing with the guys. I agreed and we changed the date. It was nice. He texted me Sat. and told me that he didn’t go skiing after all. I asked him if he wanted to go out with me as I was meeting couple friends at a local pub. He said he would have liked to, but was going out with his friend. How do I read that? He’s not that interested in being in a relationship, or he was just with me this past Thursday and it is just dating? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hmmmm…I think it’s just dating and leave it at that. I think he’s seeing other women besides you! Why bother to text you and tell you he didn’t go skiing and then tell you he has other plans? He sounds a bit gamey if you ask me!

abbystheone
    Participant
    February 25, 2013 at 9:54 pm #23617

Thanks Abby. In the spirit of ‘He’s just not that into you’, I’ve decided to put this one in the ‘just friends’ bucket. I did have lunch with my buddy and since he didn’t make any advances I’m just going to take that as the final word. I have to say, it is frustrating however, all the mixed signals guys can give.

I would have to agree that this guy gave you all kinds of mixed signals. Sounds like a goofball….it’s good that you found out everything you needed to know after that lunch date. Moving right along……LOL 😆