Is he just not interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:06 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

sara_smith17
    Participant
    May 16, 2014 at 8:18 pm #53081

I met this guy at a class I’m taking for my graduate degree. I sat next to him and he kept asking questions about me; we were in a group conversation and kept asking what about you. The next day I decided not to sit next to him as his friend talked too much. I never sat next to him again I got afraid he was offended. He saw me on a bus a week later and ignored me. I only talked to him that one time. I s he not interested anymore? Should I contact him on facebook or something or would that be weird?

Nancy
    Nancy
    Participant
    May 17, 2014 at 9:13 pm #53092

Hi,
    First of all, put yourself in his shoes and see how you will react
    I think he felt offended and he is trying to save his face by ignoring you
    if this happened to you , do you like him to contact you via face book or talk to you face to face…
    Go and talk to him face to face….tell him why you did that….there is absolutely nothing to lose…..
    Good Luck

thisisthelife2
    Participant
    May 18, 2014 at 1:18 am #53106

I agree with Nancy. You should have sat next to him on a day when he wasn’t sitting with his talkative friend. Be honest and be sweet in your emails.

Anonymous
    May 18, 2014 at 5:31 am #53114

check placeamazing.com this website amazing!

Anonymous
    May 19, 2014 at 8:15 am #53129

If he ignores you I think the guy is not interested, but if you want to push your luck and so interested on him them move forward. Good luck just be gentle and be nice, that’s all it takes.

Anonymous
    May 22, 2014 at 7:58 pm #53613

To be fair, I think it’d be hard to judge after one encounter. The biggest mistakes we make as human beings is to over think and assume the worst. It’s happened to me on plenty of occasions, as I’m sure you’ve experienced this for yourself.

Your best bet is for you to stir the pot. Meaning, you should go up to him the next time you see him in class or wherever it is and strike up a mild conversation.

Obviously you’re interested in him or else you wouldn’t have invested your precious time asking this forum about his interest. If you want, you can ask him some “power” questions, get a feel for his mindset.

Questions like:
    Where did you grow up? What was that like?
    What made you decide to take this class?
    Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
    If you hadn’t gone into (insert topic here) what do you think you would’ve done instead?
    What are your view points on (insert topic here)?

It’s more lucrative when both parties get past the surface level.

Shawn
    Participant
    May 24, 2014 at 10:28 am #53703

What is the worst that could come of contacting him?

fil48
    Participant
    May 26, 2014 at 1:13 pm #53735

I think he may have been a little hurt that you decided not to sit by him. He may not have realized that you were only moving due to his friend and thought it was him you were trying to avoid.