Is He Just Not Interested or Shy?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2018 at 12:24 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Confuzzled
    Participant
    December 20, 2017 at 8:50 pm #160641

A guy came into my place or work, saw me, and apparently called later on and asked one of my coworkers to pass along his number to me. I’m a shy person who is rubbish when it comes to calling people, especially those I’ve never met. Also, I just really would have rather he’d come in, introduce himself, and then ask to exchange numbers. So I didn’t call him, but I told my coworker she could tell him to come in and say hi. Weeks pass. He came in multiple times. He said nothing to me. Meanwhile, my coworkers kept telling me on multiple occasions how they think he’s a good guy and rooting for us to be together. After a few weeks he finally came over to me and introduced himself. I chatted with him and made jokes. He introduced himself and asked for my number, which I gave to him. It has been nearly a week and I haven’t heard a peep out of him. Is this payback for me not calling him before? Is he not really interested after all? Or is he shy like me and need time to work up his courage?

SadGirl22
    Participant
    December 22, 2017 at 7:58 pm #160895

I think he’s just getting to know you right now! Text him and ask to hang out in a more private setting, just the two of you out to dinner or something. I think he is interested but he’s just been talking to you at work and I think you should take a step forward with him!