Is he not over her or is he just being nice?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:40 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ambersmith00
    Participant
    January 10, 2017 at 10:17 am #122399

My boyfriend and I have been together for 3 months. He broke up with his ex to be with me.

He told me that he had fallen out of love with her but still thinks of her as a close friend.

He seems completely into me and our relationship but the other day I ended up coming across some Facebook messages accidentally between him and the ex…

It seems like it was the first time she contacted him in weeks as he was telling her he had really missed talking to her multiple times and told her he was worried she hated him. He also told her he thinks so much of her and would always be there for her.

After seeing this part of me is worried he’s not over her completely, but the other part of me knows he is a people pleaser and thinks he is saying all this because of that. My boyfriend is the type of guy who feels guilty really easily and would hate to upset anyone. She is also the first girl he ever broke up with. In the past it has always been him who got broken up with. He’s extremely sensitive.

What do you guys think?

• This topic was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  ambersmith00.
    mialmagemela
    mialmagemela
    Participant
    January 11, 2017 at 9:06 am #122424

How long have you been knowing him? I ask because how do you know he is a people pleaser if you’ve only been dating for 3 months? A huge red flag for me is that he left her for you, how do you know he’s not done that before? I don’t trust relationships that start that way. I am sorry to be so blunt, just trying to save you some time and sorrow.