Is he possibly interested in more than just hooking up?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 11:45 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jane016
    Participant
    September 4, 2017 at 12:48 pm #148069

i met a guy through mutual friends about 3 weeks ago, everyone I asked about him all said the same thing, he’s one of the best guys they know. We have talked everyday through text since the day we met. Equal initiating. we’ve hung out twice, the last time we did hook up. I’m 31, he’s 24, so I’m an adult and it’s what I wanted to do even tho some would say it was “too soon”. He cuddled me, and not in a rip my clothes off way, continually held my hand, would caress my face, run his fingers up and down my arm, gave me light kisses (all of these things were done before AND after sex). It was at his house and he didn’t rush me out after, it was me who ended up saying when I had to head home which was like 1-2 hours after. He’s actions towards me haven’t changed since the hook up, but I’m just an over analyzer and worrier. I can only fit so much here so if anyone needs more info I can reply with more but do guys do the things mentioned above if they are ONLY in it for sex?

Nicno14
    Participant
    September 5, 2017 at 2:36 am #148086

It’s possible. If you’ve kept contact and nothing has changed, than it’s basically a toss up. Maybe ask one of those friends what he is looking for? My personal guess is that he does have some feelings for you if he’s not rushing you out and such. Time is really the only thing that can tell here

janixe
    janixe
    Participant
    September 5, 2017 at 5:50 am #148089

I live in a very open city, Los Angeles, which is, in many ways, inclusive and progressive. Still, there are areas all over LA that are less accepting. When I venture outside of the inner city into the Valley or into more white, straight family neighborhoods, I am struck and sometimes even amused by the strange stares I get when I hold my girlfriend’s hand.
    By the way, the stares are almost always given by women. I always wanted to live a life of comfort and be proud of my Gender Characteristics as a Bisexual.
    I found it difficult to cope with friends and relatives i was not having self confident and control. so i explain to a close friend about this, My friend told me how she was fortunate enough to have a contact email of a Spiritual Lord of the Temple of Oduduwa the Great, who bring back her my ex love within 64 hours, i was surprise hearing her talking of voodoo powers to get back loss love, she told me she was desperate and she needed to get her love back before she was in love

okapi
    okapi
    Participant
    September 5, 2017 at 2:08 pm #148188

If his actions haven’t changed, then yes, he’s possibly interested in more than just hooking up. Did you get the impression that he was interested in more before? It’s easy to overanalyze, especially when you don’t know someone as well, but even when you do know someone very well this happens. Your friends think he’s a very good person so maybe you can ask him about it? Just be honest, say what you’re looking for and what you’re thinking. Ask him about himself. Don’t project into the future, just base the conversation on how you feel presently. If the conversation is based in the present moment, I’ve found that it’s easy to converse with guys. The way men and women are on different pages is sometimes we project into the future and that’s how we “change,” and then they sense that change and they act “different,” and we don’t know why, but really both of us were acting different, so they key isn’t to play games but to stay in the present and be honest without jumping ahead.