Is he saying "NO" in a nice way?

Author
    Comments
  • somegirl
    somegirl
    Participant
    September 3, 2016 at 1:59 am #110479
    Is he saying "NO" in a nice way?

I have been dating this guy for a while but Its been 4 months since last time we were together. We live in the 2 different countries.

He said he would move to my city this month but he said visa refused. So I wanted to make a plan to go visit him. And thats what he replies:
    “I am desperate to see you again but I also want to find out whats going on with my visa. To be honest I’m not sure what is the best. I don’t want to cause heart ache for both of us to meet and be apart again if I don’t get my visa very quickly”..

So I took it as a “NO” so I stopped talking to him since. He did not talk to me either. Do you guys think I am right, or overreacted?

Jensen91
    Participant
    September 3, 2016 at 3:54 pm #110498

You’re totally right. to me he sounds a little insecure, if your desperate to see someone you take it how you can get it. The mixed signals would be a warning sign for me.

averoes
    Participant
    September 5, 2016 at 5:33 pm #110534

Maybe he found another girl who lives in his city. Such relationships do not become long-term

Mr_royaldumps101
    Participant
    September 6, 2016 at 12:59 am #110537

I think he had another girl 🙂

Terry
    Participant
    September 6, 2016 at 2:21 pm #110600

You did the right thing by letting him go. You deserve better.

VariousMatters
    Participant
    September 7, 2016 at 3:29 am #110638

Depends on how well you know him, I have told a guy that we shouldn’t see each other, even though I wanted to so badly and it hurt so much doing it. Sometimes people have pure and honest intentions, I would suggest asking him straight forward. Also tell him that you would rather want to move on with your life if he doesn’t see any prospects of success.

tyragiana
    tyragiana
    Participant
    September 7, 2016 at 2:15 pm #110708

You are definitely right. At this point I believe he doesn’t want to cause any pain or false expectations for you. In a way he is telling you that you deserve better than to be waiting on him.