is he somewhat interested? need men's advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:21 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

rubyredgems
    Participant
    August 16, 2015 at 2:18 pm #84172

Have had a casual relationship with a man. We went on a few dates and then have had sleepovers. At the start he was initiating texts and such, but now it has mostly come down to just setting up times to hang out. When we do hang out, we always have a really awesome time, but then it could be a couple of weeks before i hear from him. He is awlays repsonse to me whenever I text, but he doesn’t really try to hold a convo (although he has never done that really..). Whenever I initiate a hang out, he is always willing as well. The last time, when he couldnt hang out when i wanted, he seemed to feel bad and immediately planned something for the next day. Not sure if it was because he was afraid of losing a hookup buddy, or because maybe there is a little something more to his feelings? or maybe both..who knows. at any rate, i guess i’m starting to want more (ah the beauty of casual relationships) and i know i just need to ask him, or let it fizzle because he most likely (see below..)

rubyredgems
    Participant
    August 16, 2015 at 2:18 pm #84173

is not that into me..or he would show it..but could it be possible that i’ve played it cool too, so he thinks i’m not interested, and thus tries to play it cool on his end? he definitely knows that i’m still dating around even though i’ve never come out and said it (as is he), and i don’t text him every day or every other day, i usually wait awhile before either he texts me first or i text him, but very nonchalant. most of our texts lately, again, have been around coming over for sleepovers, but sometimes if i ask if he wants to grab a quick drink, he’ll say yes, even if he has other stuff going on…

is it worth a chat with him or is he really just a nice guy who doesn’t want to be a jerk, but also doesn’t want to lose his hook up buddy or potential fall back option?

swan8
    Participant
    August 16, 2015 at 11:51 pm #84179

Yep, just tell him straight forward what you want and ask if he is interested in the idea of being in a relationship. It’s really that simple.

rubyredgems
    Participant
    August 17, 2015 at 8:11 am #84184

I know it’s that simple, but just curious to see what people think about his intentions and if he could be into me a little more than a hookup. i know there’s no way to know unless i ask him, just looking for thoughts based on the info provided!

rubyredgems
    Participant
    August 19, 2015 at 1:32 pm #84399

So i haven’t heard from him since we last hung out 2 weeks ago. probably not a good sign. any chance though that he could not be getting in touch iwht me because he thinks im not interested? or probably not?

anxiousdater
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 3:53 pm #84651

I would say hes probably not interested. If he was interested you would have heard from him. Most guys who are interested may go a few days if they are worried about coming across as too needy, but not 2 weeks. Cut your losses and move on.

rubyredgems
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 4:25 pm #84657

thanks! i ended up texting him two weeks later and he responded right away but didn’t come meet me out. he then texted me the next day a funny picture. so confusing!

anxiousdater
    Participant
    August 25, 2015 at 8:21 am #84659

That would drive me nuts! So have you heard from him since?

redz0049
    Participant
    August 26, 2015 at 2:06 am #84774

Honestly I’m not sure. He definitely likes you, but whether as a friend or otherwise I couldn’t say. I wouldn’t worry about him not texting, some guys (myself included) aren’t really into long conversations over text.

rubyredgems
    Participant
    August 26, 2015 at 9:31 pm #84846
    Reply To: is he somewhat interested? need men's advice

yes we texted a bit yesterday and the day before…i did make a move and ask if he wanted to do something thursday and he said thursday was no good. but didn’t offer an alternative or say anythign like definitely soon, etc. so i pretty much was gonna call it quits, but then he texted me the whole rest of the day and the whole next day (yesterday), although still didn’t make plans to do anything… so i dunno… if he tries to make plans then i’ll probably see him again, otherwise i think i just have to cut my losses with this one…right?

Anom
    Participant
    August 27, 2015 at 10:12 am #84878

Why not text him with another day/time to meet up.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  Anom. Reason: error

rubyredgems
    Participant
    August 27, 2015 at 12:07 pm #84884

it just seems like i’m the only one putting forth the effort and if he was into it he would try to make new plans when he’s not available? am i expecting too much?

Anom
    Participant
    August 31, 2015 at 8:36 am #84912

it just seems like i’m the only one putting forth the effort and if he was into it he would try to make new plans when he’s not available? am i expecting too much?

Yes I do see what your saying. As to where you go from here I cant answer, I would say to just ask him if hes interested in you but someone may well give some better advice.