Is he THAT busy?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is he THAT busy?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 5:28 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mindoverthinking
    Participant
    October 7, 2016 at 7:18 am #113499
    Is he THAT busy?

My partner of 3 years (I’m 19, he’s 22) got a casual job as a laborer. When first applying for the job, the hours appealed to him as they were only 5 hour blocks and it was in an IT based role. Since being employed, they have not once placed him behind a computer and he works 10+ hour shifts usually doing overtime as they are VERY understaffed. He work’s almost everyday from 3pm-1/2am, with an hour commute each way. This leaves very little “relationship time” for us as I am still in University during the day. I find myself ‘nagging’ to spend time with each other before work as he sleeps in until 11am a lot. Each night I wait up for him (to TXT each other) feeling sick with worry as I am unhappy with such little interaction. (we don’t live together)

I’m starting to really resent his job and am unsure if I can ask him to work less (maybe take each weekend off) and schedule time with his family.

Saving is important to him, which I support fully… but it’s affecting our relationship.