Is he trying to cool things down?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:44 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

WTF
    Participant
    May 26, 2015 at 11:26 pm #79755

I met a guy recently in a different town, several hours away. I was there for business and we spent a good while flirting, then, basically, a week in bed together. We both had a good time, and he was awesome.

I put something crappy in a text like “Don’t be a stranger!” Trying to be cute, but think it may have come across as “Thanks, buddy! See ya next time!”

So, since then we’ve texted a couple of times. Today, he started a convo by asking something silly he could have asked someone else. Then I started making a few jokes, like “You just wanted to text me ;)” after answering the question.

He replied with a “haha, it has been more fucked up here since you left.” I felt a little sting with that one, so I replied “Ouch! At least I know I’m missed at work!”

We texted back a few times after that, mostly about work (“how was your day” etc), but nothing personal.

Is he keeping it strictly business? Should I not initiate conversation after that?

ljlf81
    Participant
    May 31, 2015 at 10:39 am #79919

Just let him contact you, don’t chase him as it sounds like he’s just playing.

GMX2K
    GMX2K
    Participant
    June 4, 2015 at 8:36 pm #80245

Try one more time to be flirty with him (don’t let it seem like you’re just being silly and don’t make it about work or he may misunderstand), and if he again doesn’t respond to it, then move on.

If you’re looking to date him, you could even just straight up ask him out and then you’ll get an answer to whether he’s still interested for sure.

Kzinrette
    Participant
    June 4, 2015 at 11:18 pm #80247

I think it’s just business. I’m a man and I usually keep work separate.