Is it a date or just friends?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:27 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

judd1980
    Participant
    February 11, 2014 at 2:27 am #47556

I go out last weekend for a friends birthday & while at dinner in front of the entire group this girl that is very attractive, tells me “we should go out sometime” I said yes and the the girl started kidding her that she should pay since she asked me out- she looked at me and said “the girl doesn’t have to pay right?” No! She then suggested the next weekend which is valentines day- the everyone then debated if it was a good idea to go out for the 1st time on valentine’s, I told her I was fine with it, whatever she wanted to do. After her asking me and these conversations I am pretty sure this is a date not friends hanging out. So I call her a few days later and get her voice mail- I left a message that I would still like to go out sometime if she does and suggested a place we could go. She replied 2 days later via text, “that we should get together soon, but just as friends” what does that mean? Is she interested or did she just reject me? She asked me out, I am confused. Thoughts?

tofu
    tofu
    Participant
    February 11, 2014 at 5:45 am #47559

Well, to be honest.. she rejected you. Seems like she wasn’t being as serious as you saw it out to be. I suggest you still go out as a group and bring along a cute friend with you. Might get her a bit jealous and if not, then i’m sorry, but she’s just not that into you.

kingkoti
    kingkoti
    Participant
    February 13, 2014 at 12:20 am #47680

No, she did not reject you. She has been taking the first move always. You need to be more assertive, and just take her our and kiss her at the end of the date If you genuinely like her.
    Don’t play games as tofu suggested.

Anonymous
    February 13, 2014 at 2:27 am #47682

i think you should asked her first and tell him that day is valantine day so are you comfirtable with me and then she will tell you what is in her mind ?

George Reagan
    George Reagan
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 5:56 pm #47705

She was flirting with you and really wanted you to play along. Sounds like you have had two chances so far and have not joined in the fun. I think she’s trying to find out if you are fun to be with. Women love a guy who can make them laugh. Perhaps you have one more try left with this girl. Go out with her even if it’s just as friends, but make sure you play up the friend angle (what kind of “friends” do you want to be??”) and tell her to make sure she brings some cash since the two of you have not settled the payment thing.