Is it a good idea to rekindle a past love when in long distance?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:32 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Wanderlust22
    Participant
    September 1, 2015 at 7:11 am #85002

I dated this guy in 2013, long distance for about six months. Then he just stopped texting. He reached out on my birthday in 2014. And we now wish each other on birthdays/holidays. Every time, he always asks if I m back in my hometown where he lives.

When we used to go out, he s always very gentlemanly. A little shy too. We took things very slow. There was so sex. We were both very guarded with our feelings. Should I try rekindle something? I always felt like he’s the one. But I’m not sure he feels the same. He only ever said I’m “nice and cute”. Help! I feel like going to my hometown and asking him if he’d like to catch up. I thought I could just let it rest, but I’m feeling more and more that he’s the one. Everyone that I’ve been introduced to, four out of six guys names start with the same letter as him. Help me reason! Do I go see him? Talk some sense into me.. Please!

jjp8231
    Participant
    September 1, 2015 at 5:35 pm #85018

Do it. Talk to him. Coming from someone who’s dealing with a slightly similar situation, if you feel like he’s the one, don’t give up on that. I don’t think there’s any harm in going to see him and talking to him. Good luck! 🙂