Is it cool to date your ex's freinds?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 4:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ngroy
    Participant
    June 24, 2017 at 5:07 am #140530

I need some unbiased opinions. My friend, a 36 year old single male is having a debate with his ex-girl/friend because she does not want to hook him up with her freinds. She doesn’t want him to date any one she knows no matter how distant the friend may be. He understands close friends are def not cool but seems to be curious as to why not distant friends or associates with whom commmunication is rare to not at all. They dated in college about 15 years ago. He is her first love. They’ve always kept in contact and she’s always had feelings for him and they have a deep connection. His ex is married but if she wasn’t she would pursue a relationship with him. Is my friend wrong for wanting to date a distant friend of his ex? or is his ex-wrong for being selfish and not wanting to see him date anyone she knows even if means a chance at happiness

Conanthelethargic
    Participant
    June 24, 2017 at 5:27 am #140532

I think she’s being a bit selfish, It sort of depends on who did the leaving. If he left her, I could see it opening old wounds for her. If not, if she did the leaving then she has no say in who he dates, it could be her mother if the two of them hit it off. (Though that might be a bit insensitive to her feelings) Also lets not forget her husband, she shouldn’t have any concerns for anyone other than her husband. What is he in all of this, second fiddle? Chopped liver? Sorry husband but if you weren’t in the picture I would be in a relationship with this guy in a heartbeat. She definitely sounds too attracted to your friend

Confused89
    Participant
    June 26, 2017 at 9:53 pm #140653

Absolutely not! Never date an ex’s friends.

caritas
    Participant
    June 28, 2017 at 5:54 pm #140921

…but it’s been 15 years since they dated? the rule of not dating your ex’s friends applies but if it’s been over 10 years. depends on the case and level of interest (how seriously interested you guys are in each other).

hey101
    Participant
    July 6, 2017 at 5:37 pm #141385

If it’s been that long go for it