is it fate? what do i do now?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:53 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

j2468
    Participant
    October 15, 2014 at 12:36 am #65953

So I dated this guy for four years (18-21) and we were truly in love – we broke up because of tension and our own personal issues conflicting. It has been almost four years since the breakup and we have both dated other people (he is currently dating someone he’s been with for 2 years – I’m single now). We’ve been chatting off and on since our break up, but moreso recently. PLEASE understand that I, in no way, support interfering with another relationship and I am really trying to respect his current girlfriend. But, he has mentioned that they are on the rocks and that he just doesn’t know about the relationship anymore. We often find ourselves confessing that we miss each other, and he sometimes turns it into something sexual which I then have to shut down immediately. He usually responds with “i’m sorry, it’s just hard to hold back since we have such a connection, which is very rare to find with someone.” All of these weird signs keep happening and I feel like we are meant to be.

somethingclever
    Participant
    October 17, 2014 at 8:41 am #66055

I’m just going to give you the negative ; He might just be interested in a quick fling next to his girlfriend. I have had a friend in a similar situation and basically the guy was just telling her the exact same thing as yours, but really in the end he was just looking for a little extra on the side, a little bit of excitment to then leave the girl laying on the side again, b/c he is in a ‘committed relationship’.

If he is really interested in you and if his relationship is really on the rocks, that relationship will end, and that relationship has to end before you should start doing anything with him. I’m not saying that he should break up for you with his gf for you (never a good idea), but he should break up for himself with his gf if the relationship is realy not working anymore.

Shadowprime
    Shadowprime
    Participant
    October 17, 2014 at 12:56 pm #66110

That is true he may use you as the “side chick” so he would have a fall back in case the girl he is dating doesn’t work