Is it normal to feel like this?!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 2:45 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jj91
    Participant
    April 23, 2017 at 9:29 am #134093

I posted last week about the same guy and his texting.
    We have gotten together since and best date! I can just be with this guy and feel 100% myself. We are able to sit in silence comfortably and not have to force it. We had our fourth date a few nights ago (since we first met, it’s been a month), we had a casual date at his house and just had fun. We ending up crashing early and I stayed the night for the first time. The following day I went home around noon and I was going to go home earlier but he convinced me to stay a little longer. I felt totally comfortable and the more he shares about himself with me the more I fall for him. The stuff he tells me can easily scare someone away, but I just feel a sense of honesty. It feels so perfect that it scares me that he might not feel the same.
    I’m trying to keep this casual and not bringing up “the talk” yet. I’ve also deleted my dating apps.
    Has anyone else felt such a strong connection with someone so early on?

al0324
    Participant
    April 23, 2017 at 11:02 pm #134114

I agree! Totally normal!

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    April 24, 2017 at 12:20 pm #134179

i have… but that has also betrayed me a number of times.
    if i’ve learned anything it’s this – you can’t get too high with the highs, you can’t get too lows with the lows early on with dating/relationships. you just have to enjoy, keep going with it, and let time tell you what it is or is not.

i mean let’s face it.. when we end up dating/staying overnight with somebody – is it ever HORRIBLE and not wonderful? how many times have we thought the same before and it didn’t wrok out (the times i have felt this way – i’m still single today if that’s any help).

it doesn’t mean its’ not going well or this is doomed.. it JUST MEANS that NO relationship is ever determined in 1 month or after 1 overnight stay. I wouldn’t’ worry about it or start wondering or asking about it until many months if not a year goes by. (of course “exclusivity” should naturaly happen well before 1 yr.. but as far as knowing “what it is” – that doesn’t take shape until like 1 yr or so.

DivorcedinSTL16
    Participant
    April 24, 2017 at 2:20 pm #134198

I’m actually kind of in the same boat. I met this guy a little over a month ago, and we have spent a number of nights and even a whole weekend together. We’ve had some serious chats (I’m divorced with kids and he’s got no kids and has never been married.) To a point I agree with what Richiro had to say, but I also think we don’t have a whole lot of control over how we feel. Although this has burned me in the past, I’m not about to ignore what my heart is telling me. I’m totally falling in love with this guy, but I’m also being cautious. I’ve been very honest with him about how I feel including the part about it scaring the sh*t out of me. One thing I have learned is that when it comes to love and relationships there is no set timeline for anyone. Strong connections are strong connections. Don’t ignore it. Just be cautious.

gemma
    Participant
    April 24, 2017 at 3:07 pm #134229

it all depends really

Taxationistheft
    Taxationistheft
    Participant
    April 26, 2017 at 1:03 am #134401

I wouldn’t rush it if you’re confident in how the relationship is going. I would try to pull out of him whether or not he’s seeing other people. If so, you might have a problem but it might not be a bad idea to try the talk. If not, then no worries, just let things proceed organically. The rules for saying “I love you” also apply here, I’m pretty sure.

Mia500
    Participant
    April 26, 2017 at 8:45 am #134362

If you two have chemistry you shouldn’t feel bad for it.. But I would say take it day by day because there is so much to learn about a person as you continue to talk to them. So stay positive about the relationship like you are, but try not to be over confident about it