Is it "not interested" or "hard to get" How can you tell?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:43 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MKfencer12
    Participant
    October 13, 2013 at 6:51 am #41069

Hi. I hope someone can help me with a situation. See, I’m a college student and I am in the same class as this really cute girl. I’ve met her a month and a half ago and I got her # and SHE even asked for my Facebook but anyways we hit it off with a bang and we always hang out after class for a few minutes, we message back and forth and we even got to the point where I can caress her arms with her liking it and she always fidgets, bites her finger, plays with her hair when around me but strangely she stopped replying me on Facebook so I stopped messaging her after a couple of unreplied messages. Is it ‘hard to get’ or ‘not interested’??

candydude
    candydude
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 10:30 am #41274

I think it’s ‘not interested’

ghostbusterbill
    ghostbusterbill
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 10:31 am #41275

I agree she’s not interested. She was probably just being nice to you and then you took it too far by “caressing” her arms. Save that stuff for when you’re actually dating

rum_tum_tum
    rum_tum_tum
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 10:31 am #41276

Had to get. This gal wants you to make the move and she is not going to help you. Go for it man!

JojoMojo
    JojoMojo
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 10:33 am #41280

Here’s an idea: try talking to her in the real world, not just Facebook. Maybe that’ll provide some insight?

sharklasers
    sharklasers
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 10:55 am #41313

Here’s an idea: try talking to her in the real world, not just Facebook. Maybe that’ll provide some insight?

Yeah if you can caress her in real life, you can talk to her in real life too.

MKfencer12
    Participant
    October 16, 2013 at 11:13 am #41316

haha thanks for your input everyone.. btw she has been talking to me on Facebook again and I am going to talk to her this week in class to see what’s up.

kr1990
    Participant
    October 17, 2013 at 6:56 pm #41420

It could be that she was hoping you would ask her out and you didn’t show she assumed you didn’t want to take it further, or it could be that she is just not interested at all.

Mondo93
    Participant
    October 18, 2013 at 9:26 pm #41457

I think she’s playing hard to get. If she was going with the whole caressing the arms thing, there’s no way she wouldn’t be interested

Aero-el
    Participant
    October 19, 2013 at 8:01 pm #41460
    Reply To: Is it "not interested" or "hard to get" How can you tell?

I think she’s playing hard to get. If she was going with the whole caressing the arms thing, there’s no way she wouldn’t be interested

Did she flinch or pull back when you touched her? If she didn’t, then you have a go ahead. It does indeed sound like she’s ‘playing hard to get’, as you stated that she’s talking to you via Facebook now? I’d try to spend more time talking to her in real life.

timtim23
    Participant
    October 21, 2013 at 12:05 pm #41513

Get her alone and kiss her. Girls like to be claimed.

RW50
    Participant
    October 28, 2013 at 1:22 pm #42018

Not interested. Don’t worry about it. She’s too flaky. You can do better.

linym
    Participant
    October 28, 2013 at 6:34 pm #42046

I’m sure she was interested, then for some odd reason lost interest, and now is again. you said she started answering you again on fb, soo i guess she is interested. good luck!

LC1JCN4
    Participant
    October 31, 2013 at 6:19 pm #42281

Sounds like you need to actually ask her out…for a drink, coffee, something.

glrcotton31
    Participant
    November 1, 2013 at 6:03 am #42283

She may just be busy. You’re both in school and she may have a huge workload. You can’t really know anything until you see her face to face. Have you tried talking to her after class?

1 2 3