Is it over?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is it over?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:44 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

FavoredPisces
    Participant
    February 10, 2016 at 1:11 pm #93282
    Is it over?

Ok, I met this guy online in December and have been seeing each other when we can. He’s a busy guy as am I, but we squeeze in one date every two weeks and text and talk almost daily. We are now intimate and I thought everything was going pretty well. The communication though is getting less and less and he’s calling later and later, either when I’m already asleep or close to it.

The dating has been not much more than dinner, plus sex and never more than dinners before that. So, no day time activities at all so far. I just chalked it up to busy days, but he must have some time during the weekends…I know that I do. I’m wondering if I’ve mistaken this for a possible relationship and all it really is, is a hook up situation…

Guys, your input would be wonderful
    Ladies, what do you think?

laura
    laura
    Participant
    February 10, 2016 at 3:58 pm #93299

I’m not an expert, but I think if he was really into you, he would want to talk to you and see you more. My experience is that when someone is really into the other person, they want to see them as much as possible…..What is he doing on weekends?????

wilhelm79
    Participant
    February 10, 2016 at 4:53 pm #93307

I recently read an article on “broken men” it was sent to me by a woman im dating , had alot of insight , google it , if hes been in alot of bad relationships he may just be holding back or getting scared . As lng as he is still initiating communication he is thinking of you .. Dont get too discouraged

Emy
    Participant
    February 11, 2016 at 9:26 pm #93410

I’m not an expert, but I think if he was really into you, he would want to talk to you and see you more. My experience is that when someone is really into the other person, they want to see them as much as possible…..What is he doing on weekends?????

true

ethannn1
    Participant
    February 14, 2016 at 12:16 am #93518

maybe

adrichards
    Participant
    February 14, 2016 at 1:03 pm #93524

Unlikely he is really into you but theres only so much of an impression to be gained on here

angela2000
    angela2000
    Participant
    February 15, 2016 at 12:21 am #93542

My perspective is that he only wants sex. If he doesn’t want to meet you during the day, he doesn’t sound keen enough for a relationship.

moveonfindtheone
    Participant
    February 15, 2016 at 9:09 am #93523

Sorry to hear you are going through this.My thoughts are that he could be going through various scenarios at the moment which could range from

1) maybe work is currently difficult and he has now decided he wants to put all of his efforts into that
    2) maybe he has commitments or something going on with family/friends and cant afford the time to spend with anyone else right now
    3) maybe the timing in general is just not right for him.

Can I ask (and don’t feel you have to answer) did he chase you hard for dinner dates from the start? That is,was he super keen? Did he give any ‘off’ signals? Did he seem genuine? Did his stories add up? I think if you re-evaluate your dates something might reveal itself.

But honestly we are both guessing here, and we both will probably never know why hes seemingly cooled off, so my advice is to forget about him. You have done nothing wrong, he has the issues and the demons. So go find someone more worthy of someone as loving as you.

Love and luck

trashayart200
    Participant
    February 15, 2016 at 1:59 pm #93593

I would have said that he likes you because he spent all that time talking to you but from what I have read lately about how men operate, I see that he is seeing you as nothing more than a booty call because he has not invested anything more than a few chats and dinners. For guys to want to give you more, they have to be emotionally invested in you whereas women like you and I get feelings attached when we invest our words and sex. Does that make sense?

Solution would have been to not have slept with him until well after but since we are past that, I would hold off the sex until he gives you more. If he doesn’t give you more then you have your answer.