is it over before it started?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

impossible
    Participant
    May 8, 2016 at 4:02 pm #99964

I found this guy on a dating app, he seems really nice we chatted then asked for my number, so I gave him mine. we chatted on Whatsapp a long chat, he told me “he really wants to meet me now” but I was really busy with midterms so I told him not this week, after I finished my midterms I texted him to see if he can meet for a coffee or something but he told me he was busy with exams as well (thats 2 weeks ago) ever since he started to take hours-days to reply. he didnt even continue our last conversion. im stupid for liking him so quickly but is there any chance left?

tonyparislondon
    Participant
    May 25, 2016 at 1:58 am #101284

I’d say there might be, but if you were the last one to text, the ball is kind of in his court now. I know it’s tempting to push for him to respond, but I’d advise you not to do this.

Just give him some time to respond and get out there and met some other guys. If after 30 days you haven’t found anyone and he still hasn’t responded, then I’d consider reaching out again

Justabutt
    Participant
    July 2, 2016 at 8:53 am #104335

Sometimes you just have to do your best to take chances when they’re there for the taking. It sounds like to me either this guy was only interested in hookups or he is tired of other people flaking on him and thought you’d do the same.

Relationships are tricky at all stages and while I do get you were busy with mid-terms it does seem kinda like you weren’t ready to meet or simply, as someone who would be on the opposite end of you, were not really interested. Just keep your chin up and know that other opportunities exist. Use this as a learning tool – sometimes things work out other times they’re a jumbled, confusing mess that only ends one way. Life is life.