Is it really over?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is it really over?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2018 at 2:59 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Throwaway359
    Participant
    December 27, 2017 at 6:50 pm #161061
    Is it really over?

I met this girl through an app and coincidentally met in person at a conference. We hit things off very easily and have been going out about 1+ times a week and texting frequently. Things have essentially very easy and being with her is exactly that and she also expressed the same feelings towards me as well as we are both very vocal and straightforward.
    We’ve only had 4 dates but we get along so well and we do so much that time seems to be going so much faster that we both feel as if we both have known each other for longer.
    Fast forward, we go back to her place to relax, cuddle, make out over netflix, we were thinking and talking about sex. I decided to do the right thing and tell her about a stupid mistake in college and a history of genital herpes, and I said we would be using protection otherwise. She didn’t seem fazed at all and was fine with it. It was already late so I left for home afterwards. Texted me the next morning and ending it. Should I let it go or fight it?

January 2, 2018 at 9:20 am #161156

Always let it go. Always always always. You never, EVER want to look like a needy guy who can’t take no for an answer. This one didn’t work out. The next one might. Move on.

Everybody has their dealbreakers, and we all occasionally find ourselves on someone else’s dealbreaker list. It sucks, but it’s life. Letting it go and moving on is ALWAYS the ONLY correct course of action.

Beepo
    Participant
    January 3, 2018 at 6:11 am #161316

It’s most likely over, and should be left at that. Though it’s completely viable for you to ask her why she decided to break it off, and keep it at a level and respectful conversation, but if not then it’s probably best to let it slide.

BloodStalk
    Participant
    January 3, 2018 at 8:46 pm #161457

Sorry to hear that but as others have said, it is most likely over.

[email protected]
    Participant
    January 3, 2018 at 9:19 pm #161461

I applaud your honesty about genital herpes. Scumbags will hide the herpes and keep spreading their hidden goodness…

All in all. Move along my friend

MarcusWilson11
    Participant
    January 4, 2018 at 5:27 pm #161624

Honestly idk

gcp
    Participant
    January 4, 2018 at 9:03 pm #161642

Thats a bummer man, but I too agree its over. But props to you for being completely honest with her

joey8891
    Participant
    January 7, 2018 at 9:19 pm #161787

Looks like it’s over

phoenix777
    Participant
    January 10, 2018 at 9:08 am #162058

If she texted you saying it’s over, then it’s over unfortunately.