Is it slutty if I…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is it slutty if I…

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

zoali
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 1:41 am #67313
    Is it slutty if I…

So in bullet form here it is

-Met a guy on a trip last June
    -Really hit it off, exchanged texts for several months (for a while he would mostly make initial contact)
    -He came to visit me while he was passing through the area (it was a 3 hour detour)
    -Had a great time, and a great night (hint hint)
    -Things fall off as he started a new job
    -We still snapchat back and forth daily, but usually I initiate it.
    -We are in our early 20’s

I’d really like to see him again and just found out flights form my city to his are on sale for $110. First, how do I bring this up in a conversation w/o being overly rude or slutty? Do you even think he is still interested? I don’t want to seem too available. But he’s a great person that I share a lot of interests with and nothing around here compares. I don’t expect a relationship, but I doubt I’d turn him down if he asked. Odds are I will be relocating to his city temporarily in the future. I just know this will make me look extra thirsty.

adrwprtr88
    adrwprtr88
    Participant
    November 10, 2014 at 8:35 pm #67411

Do you talk to him on the phone? Maybe you should talk to him on the phone or Skype before you decide to relocate. If you have a good feeling from those calls then go ahead and ask him what he thinks!

Confusedyoungman
    Participant
    December 16, 2014 at 1:25 pm #69284

First of all, don’t use a horrible word like ‘slutty’ to describe yourself. It’s outdated in 2014. Humans are mammals, primates, social animals that have a natural desire to mate, like all other animals.

There is no reason in this day and age why a woman shouldn’t go after a man if she is keen. Be honest with him, tell him that you like him, and ask him if he is interested. If he feels uncomfortable with that, then that’s up to him.

hopefullover
    Participant
    December 16, 2014 at 5:52 pm #69310

I fully agree with everyone else. You need go just have an honest conversation with him.

arianaxoxo
    Participant
    December 18, 2014 at 8:34 am #69361

That has nothing to do with being slutty … :S just tell him…

seekinghelp
    Participant
    December 20, 2014 at 9:14 pm #69506

I would be open and honest about it. Send a text saying you still like him and was wanted to see if he was insterested in meeting up! not slutty

allthatjazz21
    Participant
    December 21, 2014 at 1:40 pm #69522

Chasing after someone you’re interested in is not slutty in the slightest. Slut shaming is a terrible part of our culture that tells women to not pursue their own sexual satisfaction while allowing men to do so without stigma. If you like him, go for it. You are not a slut no matter what anyone says.