Is it time to move on or try and make it work, Please help.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

confusedmomma
    Participant
    January 17, 2016 at 3:32 am #91792

I was seeing my daughters father since 12/6/12 we had our daughter in 1/2014 while him & i were together it was good for the 1st year till our daughter was born but he was a gamer hardcore it was such an addiction he constantly whined when he didnt get to play, it came before me no matter what it even came before our daughter, he never helped me with her & he treated us like a chore, we fought constantly about everything, we have nothing in common, well i told him i couldnt handle it anymore we broke up 8/2015, i met someone new in 11/2015 him & i have everything in common we started casually seen eachother for a few weeks it was amazing he actually treated me like a queen he always made sure i was happy in every aspect, well my daughters father finally hit rock bottom, realized he lost me & fucked up, he sold his xbox and quit gaming started to change and wanted to work things out every1 said to give him another chance but i cant stop thinkin about the other guy no matter what help!

lillymae26
    Participant
    January 23, 2016 at 7:26 am #91996

You need to ask yourself what you really want

camador
    Participant
    January 23, 2016 at 10:03 am #92007

He quit gaming and started to change – if it was indeed an addiction what is he doing to get help for that. Having been an addict I know you don’t just give up one addiction without picking up a new one. Without addressing the real underlying motive behind the addiction its simply going to surface in another area of life.

The daughters father should have to prove by more than just giving up the xbox – games are easily accessible on smartphones and online – just because he can’t do it on the xbox doesn’t mean he can’t game. It makes sense that you keep thinking about the other guy he treated you the way you deserve to be treated.

If you do decide to give the daughter’s father another try don’t do it because everyone said to give him another chance – at the end of the day its your and your daughters life not theirs.

Best of luck.