is it too much to ask?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

is it too much to ask?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:45 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

underthesea
    underthesea
    Participant
    October 30, 2012 at 10:29 pm #15845
    is it too much to ask?

–for a little respect? I’m not one to be confrontational but it all builds up when all I do is sit on the sidelines for this kind of stuff. Guys really take advantage of the sweet and playful kind of girls (like myself) and belittle our characters like we’re just some piece of meat.

I appreciate so many beautiful things in life and I can’t stand it when others just abuse a humble personality. ugh venting-done.

carol
    carol
    Participant
    November 22, 2012 at 11:45 am #17117

Good for you. Venting is something I do quite often. My ear is usually my husband and at times the only way he can shut me up is with a big kiss.

Anonymous
    November 26, 2012 at 12:20 pm #17204

Just something for you to think about….

I have found that many guys out there are taught to think and behave towards women, the way that we teach them. Many girls out there are TERRIBLE at standing up for themselves, setting boundaries and teaching a guy how to treat them. I have found MANY MANY times that when I tell a guy “no” or set a boundary, they get these BIG reactions and then loooove to blame me for being “too uptight” or telling me to “just relax” or he was “just joking”. It’s a great way to belittle the lady when she is not giving him what he wants.

I’m glad you are a playful kind of girl! This might be really hard to hear, but I’m willing to take the risk and challenge you. If someone is taking advantage of or belittling the amazingness that you are….then you are the only one responsible for that happening. You are not a victim of ANY guy out there. You are quite amazing I am sure….so what are you doing putting yourself around the kind of guys that do not have the capacity to appreciate all that you have to offer?

Take these experiences and learn from them. Begin to recognize the traits of the kind of guy that is limited in that way. You will be surprised how much they talk the same, dress the same, have the same kind of energy. Once you master recognizing this instantly, you can then put your hand up, say no thank you and walk away. This, at the very least, will help put in the memory bank of that guy, that his approach and views on women are not ok and he cannot get away with that crap around you. You set the standard!

longing4connection
    longing4connection
    Participant
    March 22, 2017 at 3:56 pm #130851

It’s hard for me to stand up for myself, but sometimes feel walked all over. It feels good to know that I’m not the only one who feels this way.

MazzMelissa
    Participant
    March 22, 2017 at 5:00 pm #130859

I am on the same page as you. You a guy that takes just a bit too long to message back, or breaks off a date only hours before, makes up stupid excuses and expect you to believe them. You can only bit your tongue for so long. It’s not only disrespectful but also an insult to our intelligence. You got this girl, one day you will find someone with your time and who will respect you.

5by5
    5by5
    Participant
    March 23, 2017 at 6:45 am #130892

As a guy myself, we are all dicks (we do a lot of wrong things and most of the time we don’t even know we are doing it, we are morons). But no respect is important, if you’re a guy & you disrespect women, you deserve to be alone.