Is it worth it?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is it worth it?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:23 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

rusty
    Participant
    January 26, 2013 at 11:49 pm #21297
    Is it worth it?

So I have this crush on this girl and my friends have said she has a crush on me. The thing is when I go to talk to her she kinda ignores me and starts talking to some else. The thing is prom is coming up and I would like it to not be so awkward when the time comes. How should I approach this girl and make things easier for us to talk about. Another thing is I am kinda shy.

rusty
    Participant
    January 27, 2013 at 6:32 pm #21300

Any advice?

Nathan34
    Nathan34
    Participant
    January 28, 2013 at 12:53 pm #21390

Ahh, the beauty of high school prom…dude go for it. The later you wait, the lesser of a chance you have! Prom is the last dance of the year and potentially the LAST chance you’ll have to show your girl you’re interested.

You’ve heard all the romantic ways of asking her out to prom, but if you’re a bit shy and a bit unsure about it, try to come up with something cute/clever for her. Even if it’s a simple card you leave on her desk asking her to prom. Put a carnation on it or a rose. You don’t have to have the football stadium with a mariachi band but the simplest gesture will definitely leave her a great impression.

When she opens up whatever gift you leave her, make sure you approach her politely and smile. Ask her if she’s interested in going and you’ll get your answer. I always say prepare for the worst so expect the big N-O and if she needs time to think about it, ask her for a deadline. “Ok, you have one week ;)”

Good luck man! and dress fairly nice the day you choose to ask her. No gym shorts.

rusty
    Participant
    January 28, 2013 at 6:40 pm #21480

Thanks man will try this hope it works.

rusty
    Participant
    January 28, 2013 at 11:17 pm #21481

I have asked her out successfully. Just walked up to her and asked she said yes and thanks for asking. Now every time I go to talk to her about something she shows no interest. It’s like ever since I asked her to prom with me she gives me a brief answer like there is not much to say. Just wandering if I should give up after prom or keep trying to get something there.