Is it worth my time?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is it worth my time?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:08 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CrazyWorld33
    Participant
    April 20, 2013 at 5:31 pm #29233
    Is it worth my time?

So I met this guy online (from a reliable site) and we texted for many weeks and never got together because we were busy. We finally did and it was just great – probably the best date I’ve been on. He sent me a message that night and the next day so contact never stopped. The only problem is he never really tells me how he feels. We know everything about each other except for what he feels. We both have our past full of issues. He was affectionate when we were together and will say he likes me and that he’s not dating anyone else. I’ll admit I’ve annoyed him a little about the lack of open emotion. I realize I might be putting too much in our short time together so far but HOW do I leave it alone and happen naturally? I know that should be so easy but how can I back off and let it all happen?

This is an interesting story I realize. I know he likes me but HOW do I stop pushing? That’s what I need to learn how to do…

pseudogf
    Participant
    April 22, 2013 at 3:16 pm #29315

All the time you built up before meeting him probably had you fantasizing and dreaming about how wonderful things are going to be, how you’ll live happily ever after and how many kids you’ll have.

You’re putting the cart in front of the horse and you’re tripping over emotions too soon. You’re talking about a stranger here. you barely know him. Sure you hit it off with him but you can’t be entirely sure he’s not dating anyone else. He may have gone on a date with someone else and is still waiting on her to reply to him.

Just enjoy getting to know him, with patience. Don’t rush anything, what’s the hurry? If you both signed up for a dating site, then chances are you are willing to be picky about your candidates and you want to weed out any crazy matches. I say you let him try to set up a few dates or try to collaborate on new ideas to hang out. you don’t need affection from a stranger, the general attention should be enough of a start IMHO.

Nobody wants a clingy girlfriend. Don’t be that girl…you could lose him over that.