Is it wrong for me to message my ex when he has a gf?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:44 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Kaley
    Participant
    May 3, 2015 at 7:24 am #78344

It’s been 10 months since my ex and I parted ways and he’s been with someone new for about 6 months. We had a few months of ups and downs and parted ways, but stayed friends. I miss him like crazy and want to let him know that I still want to be with him and truly believe that we are meant to be together. We still keep in touch and I know he’s happy with his gf, but I genuinely think he still has feelings for me too. What we had was very serious and deep and I know we can move past what caused us to split. I don’t want to be inappropriate by expressing my feelings while he’s with someone else, but I don’t want to let the person I truly feel is my soul mate slip away for good. It’s tearing me up inside.
    Would it be wrong to message him just to let him know how I feel and then leave the ball in his court?
    Thanks for any advice 🙂

rams_win2015
    Participant
    May 3, 2015 at 12:48 pm #78346

No, maybe he can consider you again

jbird726
    Participant
    May 3, 2015 at 3:24 pm #78349

This is a bad idea. Of course you could make the argument that he has feelings for you. Those kind of emotions don’t just disappear. But you said so your self, he’s happy in his new relationship. The truth is, if he wanted to get back with you he wouldn’t be with her.

If things don’t work out with her then maybe it would be time to broach the topic of trying again but you’re risking your friendship with him and most likely causing drama by trying to insert yourself in his relationship.

annihilationtime805
    annihilationtime805
    Participant
    May 4, 2015 at 10:33 am #78361

I wouldn’t….would you want your new boyfriends ex to be hitting him up? Unless you actually wouldn’t care then go care for it’

loverboy19
    Participant
    May 6, 2015 at 1:03 am #78446

Respect his relationship and wait.

Leah Louu
    Participant
    May 6, 2015 at 7:56 pm #78568

I honestly would not. Think about if you were in that situation and your bf’s ex messaged him and brought back his past. How would you feel?
    I know you still like him but it’s not fair to either of them. You already mentioned that he’s happy.
    Give it time and see if things don’t work out between them. Then I’d say go for it.

infamissg
    Participant
    May 6, 2015 at 9:08 pm #78572

Yes.

Infinity
    Infinity
    Participant
    May 8, 2015 at 12:22 pm #78620

No way. Just looks waaaay too desperate! Don’t give him the satisfaction.