Is it wrong that i'm jealous, envious of how women are valued for their youth

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

January 21, 2015 at 9:50 pm #71498

more than men are? People always make arguments that mens dating market value increases with age meanwhile it is the opposite for women, that getting older is harder for women than it is for men, ya well this is something I don’t particularly embrace being born a male, because I feel it’s easier for women to enjoy their youth, their teens and 20’s then it is for men.

Because combined with the fact that women don’t have to approach men, don’t have to make the first move and ask out, be the initiators, are generally on the receiving end for sexual attention, requests for dating, relationships, while men are on the projecting end, men have to be the pursuers, initiators/escalators, always taking the lead.

January 22, 2015 at 4:26 pm #71614

Yes I know that when you are on the receiving end, it means you are not literally going after what you want, you are only limited to the ones that approach you, but since women have so many options when they are young, a handful of those options are definetley bound to be guys in which there is mutual attraction involved, since most women, have had their share of ex-boyfriends by their mid-20’s to early 30’s, and why did they end up being in relationships with their exes in the first place? because there was mutual attraction duh!

Expat
    Participant
    January 23, 2015 at 12:25 am #71648

This post is a special kind of crazy…

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    January 23, 2015 at 7:55 am #71650

I honestly don’t know what to say about this post other than I don’t agree with you. The guy I’m currently dating…I pursued him I gave him my number and said he should text me and arrange a date. I also know a few girls that have done the same. As for men approaching yes I do get quite a few but I wouldn’t say they are approaching me for the right reasons or being gentlemen about it.

I don’t think it’s easier for either men or women when it comes to dating. You seem to have a bit of anger towards women and how “easy” they have it. This believe it or not will work against you and women will sense it.

BNSteve
    Participant
    January 23, 2015 at 4:23 pm #71733

It kind of has a change in roles after so long- sucks for guys in your early twenties but hopefully it pays off in the end.

January 24, 2015 at 9:46 pm #71791

I honestly don’t know what to say about this post other than I don’t agree with you. The guy I’m currently dating…I pursued him I gave him my number and said he should text me and arrange a date. I also know a few girls that have done the same. As for men approaching yes I do get quite a few but I wouldn’t say they are approaching me for the right reasons or being gentlemen about it.
    I don’t think it’s easier for either men or women when it comes to dating. You seem to have a bit of anger towards women and how “easy” they have it. This believe it or not will work against you and women will sense it.

well that’s awesome, great to hear, wish more women were like that, okay asking out and planning the date, does not really bother me, it’s always having to approach first and break the ice, initiate conversation first, flirting first, etc. Basically, it’s just I often feel if I was born a woman, I would have more dating success, experience being my age now.

January 26, 2015 at 1:40 pm #71846

“they(women) also don’t get to choose which men initiate with them. they have to deal with unattractive/disrespectful/aggressive men all the time
    out of no choice of their own, thats something men never have to deal with.

Yes I know that, but since women have loads and tons of options in their late teens and throughout their 20’s, some extent early 30’s, out of all of those options there is guaranteed to be a handful of guys in which their is mutual attraction involved, meanwhile men can be passive and get nothing, or they can take action, be assertive and still get nothing because it’s the man, not the woman, that has to be the one that gets the talking done right, conversation done right, body-language and tonality done right, flirting done right, not the woman, that’s why I feel for men it’s a matter of knowing how, for women it’s not a matter of knowing how.”

I just had to say that, because that’s my response when trying to win an argument as to which gender has it easier in getting, acquiring a date, a relationship.

ryansingle
    ryansingle
    Participant
    February 7, 2015 at 2:35 pm #72826

I guess there is some truth to this , as a guy I didn’t really enjoy my teens or early 20’s much and was very few dating options for me back then if any . where is the girls I know had endless and had a lot of fun . it can be an age that favours girls more in terms of dating and who is more desirable

February 12, 2015 at 8:47 pm #73339

I guess there is some truth to this , as a guy I didn’t really enjoy my teens or early 20’s much and was very few dating options for me back then if any . where is the girls I know had endless and had a lot of fun . it can be an age that favours girls more in terms of dating and who is more desirable

ya and unfortuneately if a man is bitter, resentful, no woman will want him unfortuneately, that also pisses me off more since a man has every right to feel bitter and resentful, frustrated, pissed off if things are not going the way he wants them to be.

joe_shmoe72
    Participant
    February 12, 2015 at 11:55 pm #73341
    Reply To: Is it wrong that i'm jealous, envious of how women are valued for their youth

You should be a hot teacher and seduce boys.

NeedsAReference2365
    Participant
    July 6, 2016 at 3:06 pm #104531
    Reply To: Is it wrong that i'm jealous, envious of how women are valued for their youth

makes sense, women are far less likely than men are to miss out on their early to mid-20’s for dating and relationships than men are, thats what it seems from what i’ve observed

hammersticks
    Participant
    July 6, 2016 at 5:47 pm #104563

don’t stress about it. just focus on yourself.

ahethop
    Participant
    July 6, 2016 at 6:44 pm #104568

Work on yourself before anything else. Don’t worry about it for now.