Is lowering standards possible?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:45 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

da2783
    da2783
    Participant
    September 5, 2015 at 5:12 pm #85160

I’ve never been that successful with women, long boring story as to why (ultra mentally ill mother basically). I’m in my early 30s now so it’s too late imo to make any changes that will show up in this decade. Online dating not possible, I literally get zero responses (from 50+ women) from normal well thought out messages. Anyways, my question is, is there any way I can find less attractive women attractive? I’m not tall and my hair is thinning so that basically means I need to perform magic tricks to get a good looking girl. I’ve fully accepted that I’m average looking at best, I’m just struggling to feel real attraction to women that are physically in my “league.” I appreciate any thoughts but please don’t leave the “women don’t care about looks” delusions. That’s just feminist propaganda we’re all fed from babies and it’s a complete fantasy. It is the extreme 1% minority to see gorgeous women with unattractive guys. The order of importance is as follows: height, personality, income

Avey Wilde
    Participant
    September 5, 2015 at 10:37 pm #85166

With all due respect to you, if you believe that a relationship is defined primarily by physical characteristics such as height or physical attractiveness, then perhaps, in spite of you being in your early thirties, you are not emotionally prepared for a relationship. If you desire a beneficial relationship with a partner, her appearance should be of no significance. She could be the most beautiful women in the world and you would still be miserable together if you did not cooperate or communicate with each other. Similarly, any woman who is not interested in you simply since you are not sufficiently attractive is not worth your time anyway. If a woman truly cared for you and wished to spend time with you, she would not be concerned with either your height, or your hair. This may all seem to be generic to you, yet if you are not willing to examine your own internal beauty or the internal beauty of your potential partners, you may never accept or love yourself or anyone else.

da2783
    da2783
    Participant
    September 6, 2015 at 1:16 pm #85191

Well said and you may be right on all points. It’s difficult to ask what I’m trying to learn without getting an understandable but somewhat canned “you must only care about looks” reaction. From what I know, relationships require compassion, romance, and passion. So then, does the healthy individual approach a person they have no physical attraction to, ask themselves, “how can I see the beauty in this person,” and believe that passion has little importance?