DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is mom right? Is he moving too fast?

Author
    Comments

• Louie97
    Participant
    November 21, 2016 at 3:54 pm #118028
    Is mom right? Is he moving too fast?

Making a long story short, me and a very close guy friend admitted our feelings for each other…we go way back (4+ years) as we attended the same school. However, what really cemented our friendship and triggered his strong feelings for me is when a family member of his passed away and I helped him through the grieving process by being there for him. After we admitted our feelings for each other to our parents, he met my mom, because he asked me out but she insisted that she meets him before we date. We went out and it was great 😀 we even ended up kissing. However, mom found out about the kiss and ever since then she thinks he’s being too fast with me (Note that he’s been wanting to kiss me for MONTHS). Then recently, a family member of mine passed away 🙁 and he was very supportive and sweet,checking in on me,attended and stood by my side (literally) throughout the ENTIRE funeral, even hugging me constantly at the cemetery and asking if I was okay. he asked me out again but i doubt she’ll consent .Cause he is travelling soon and wants to spend time with me before he goes 🙁 🙁 He is trying his best to make this work and said he’ll wait on me cause he loves me.Is mom overreacting because she is strict and traditional? Tell me what you guys think.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Louie97. Reason: spelling errors

Chlo
    Participant
    November 22, 2016 at 5:09 pm #118046

How old are you ( if you don’t mind me asking )?

Louie97
    Participant
    November 22, 2016 at 7:17 pm #118073

in my late teens