Is my EX bf of 3 years deceiving me? Is he using me as the last resort ?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 11:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

girlonfire
    Participant
    October 28, 2014 at 9:59 pm #66761

So i looked at my ex’s emails (from two weeks ago) and saw him telling his friend that he has been talking to a girl from online, but that she lives far away. He also said in the email that he thinks he might see her. We were dating for over 3.5 years and have been broken up for about a month. I am confused because when i saw him couple days ago he told me he loved me and sees us getting back together, but he also said that he isn’t trying to rush into anything or rush into getting back together with me. He also said that he had no plans to date anyone. I feel lied to because his emails sound like he did have previous plans to see someone else. I don’t want to be anyone’s last resort. I don’t know how to feel because he didn’t tell me about this when I saw him last weekend, but I also know I am not his gf. He knows I really want to be with him again, but I hope he isn’t stringing me along. What should I do to make him want to get back with me? Is he using me as a last resort?

lizzy569
    lizzy569
    Participant
    October 31, 2014 at 4:09 am #66890

First off, honesty is the best policy, so I’m going to be honest in saying it is an extreme invasion of his privacy to be reading his email. However, you aren’t crazy for being cautious in believing everything he is telling you. It’s hard to say whether or not he is deceiving you, but the best course of action would be to sit down and have a serious talk with him.