Is my GF acting shady?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Is my GF acting shady?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:20 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

spiderjohn420
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 4:25 am #84607
    Is my GF acting shady?

My girlfriend and I have been dating for almost a year now, and living together for almost three months. Everything is going great so far, except her behavior toward one of her male friends. Note: I have been in recovery from alcohol addiction for over two years now. Recently, one of her male friends tried to friend me on FB, and asked me to have drinks with him knowing my situation. The guy has also said some demeaning things about me to my girlfriend and a close guy friend of mine. My girlfriend blames it on her friend’s own drinking problem. I feel certain they are not sleeping together, not ever have, but I am troubled that my girlfriend continues to be friends with him. I really need advice, guys and gals.

lonelyman
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 1:15 pm #84639

Just try to avoid him as much as possible.

spiderjohn420
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 5:04 pm #84661

I have been, lonelyman.

rondgram
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 5:10 pm #84664

I’be been told that if it doesn’t feel right, then there’s probably something wrong.

brightmom
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 7:30 pm #84689

How long has she been friends with this other guy? If for a long time, maybe she feels like she needs to be there for him if he is also struggling with an alcohol issue. I think it’s really crappy of him to try and get you to go drinking with him knowing your situation, and if I were her I would be bothered by that too.

spiderjohn420
    Participant
    August 25, 2015 at 8:21 am #84681

Well Rondgram, I know what you mean. She has been pretty open and honest about her previous relationships. She is still friends with two men she dated in the past. I also have a few ex girlfriends/ex FWB’s I am still friends with as well, and she is not jealous of them at all. However, this one guy gives me very bad “vibes”.

spiderjohn420
    Participant
    August 25, 2015 at 8:21 am #84697

Yes, my friends in recovery all agree that her lack of concern is slightly troubling. I guess she may not think much of it since I have had a good amount of clean time.

sbe1
    Participant
    August 27, 2015 at 1:21 am #84858

I think you should just keep away from the friend, and express to your girlfriend what you are concerned about. In addition, if you feel able I would confront him directly about the drinking issue as well as his recent interest in getting to know you.