Is online dating depressing?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

rams_win2015
    Participant
    May 3, 2015 at 12:56 pm #78348

I’ve been doing online dating for 3 yrs and gotten no where. The 1st girl I ever wrote on there wrote each other for 3 months straight and we really had alot in common and been calling me cutie. I asked her on a date and the day before the date she said she justs wants to be friends. 🙁 Then I found out through her facebook account she found a boyfriend a week later. Was she leading me on and used me to build up her ego? Did I wait long to ask her out? Afterwards its just been hell for me. The typical “know each other for a month or more than deciding with the JUST TO BE FRIENDS excuse” 🙁 Are the girls shallow on these types of sites? Is because I’m mentally slow they want NOTHING to do with me? Its very depressing that one girl isnt realistically intrested in me through online dating.

JeffS
    Participant
    May 4, 2015 at 10:02 am #78359

It can be extremely frustrating. I have no idea what I’m doing wrong or if I’m just un-lovable…

annihilationtime805
    annihilationtime805
    Participant
    May 4, 2015 at 10:32 am #78360

Honestly…I believe online dating is complete crap….there’s no genuine people out there online everyday….all the genuine people are not trying to find love online but rather just living there life…Simplicity has always been key for me….I’d rather be alone then deal with crazy online people….so I guess in my opinion online dating is a joke.

JeffS
    Participant
    May 4, 2015 at 11:18 am #78368

Honestly…I believe online dating is complete crap….there’s no genuine people out there online everyday….all the genuine people are not trying to find love online but rather just living there life…Simplicity has always been key for me….I’d rather be alone then deal with crazy online people….so I guess in my opinion online dating is a joke.

I think I am genuine, I just don’t have not had success meeting people in other ways. Most people I meet on there might not be genuine but would it be any different if I met people other places? I think dating as a whole can be depressing when you go a long time without making a connection to anyone online or otherwise.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  JeffS.

kingalucard85
    Participant
    May 7, 2015 at 5:06 am #78580

It has been depressing for me. I have been unable to get any traction with online dating. I either end up with no matches or no one will respond to my attempts to communicate. I have tried a few sites over the past few years and none have worked out in my favor. It definitely has made me feel less about myself.

Anonymous
    May 13, 2015 at 8:13 am #78813

no, it’s not. she might like you, but I think dating in online is limited to share your feeling and emotion. I am not saying online dating is bad or shallow.
    it’s just there are pro and cons, you know. 🙂 you’ll find the one, one day! 🙂

chaza
    Participant
    May 14, 2015 at 4:07 pm #79025

Online dating can be very frustrating but who said it would be easy. I do believe there are some genuine people looking for love on these sites it’s just about finding the right one. Don’t get disheartened by this one experience keep trying

TheB
    Participant
    May 15, 2015 at 2:46 am #79050

Keep your chin up, take a break from the online dating sites and try real world dating.