Is salsa dancing a good third date?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    February 10, 2017 at 4:41 pm #126528

Not much more too this than the title says. There’s a salsa dancing thing going on at my campus (lessons for the first hour, open dancing for the next two) and I was thinking of asking a girl I’ve been dating recently if she wanted to go with me. I’m pretty sure this is a good idea. Please tell me if you think for some reason it’s not. Thanks.

F1end
    F1end
    Participant
    February 10, 2017 at 4:49 pm #126529

1st date was what?

2nd date was what?

Need to know the progression, and road you are leading her down, in order to comment with anything meaningful.

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    February 10, 2017 at 9:23 pm #126556

1st date was gonna be bowling, but at the last minute she said she had a migraine and asked if we could get coffee instead. So we got coffee, and then ended up just wandering around the city and talking for a couple hours.

2nd date we did go bowling, and also saw a movie. We also played air hockey for a little while in the arcade attached to the bowling alley, but that didn’t take that much time.

I was thinking this was a good idea just because it’s a little more active than the last couple things, plus it’s not something you’re asked to very often (right?) so it’s kind of unique.

Nannerbananer
    Participant
    February 11, 2017 at 12:59 am #126559

Salsa dancing seems like an excellent idea for a third date. I advise talking to her before making official plans to make sure she enjoys dancing and can loosen up. Some people are awkward about dancing. Also make sure that she’s physically comfortable around you. 🙂 Best of luck!

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    February 11, 2017 at 2:21 pm #126567

Yeah, that’s why I asked. I’m afraid that if she’s not into dancing I’ll scare her away. But I think at this point she knows me well enough to know that I’m not some creep. I’ll definitely talk to her beforehand, to see if she’s interested, though. Thanks!

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    February 11, 2017 at 7:43 pm #126569

when it comes to dancing classes… if ou’re asking out a girl – probably 99% assured (conservatively) that it’s a terrific idea… females LOVE dance classes…. (unless your interatction with them to this point has clearly shown she is against dancing and hates it… almost all females light up at the suggestion of dance classes.. and for whatever reason.. SALSA dancing specifically!)

go for it ! 🙂

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    February 11, 2017 at 9:12 pm #126579

I’d like to follow up on this, she said no. Actually, she said she wasn’t “super excited about it.” She asked me if I “SUPER DUPER” (all caps) wanted to go, and I told her no. We’re going somewhere else. I was surprised at first, then she told me about a bad experience she had Salsa dancing, and it made more sense.

F1end
    F1end
    Participant
    February 12, 2017 at 12:55 am #126585

Nothing physical taking place? Is that what the dancing was for, or something like that?

It seems like you don’t have much of a plan. Therefore, she probably is sensing that, and taking over.

The vibe should have been, “I’m going dancing with or without you. Want to come?”.

Anyway, you are on the date because you find her attractive, and want to have sex. Everything should be going in that direction. Plan your dates accordingly.

I use pretty much the same date structure over and over with different women. There is no need to rack your brain coming up with special dates. Leave that for when you are in more of a proper relationship with her, and things are getting more serious. The real concern early on should be things like money and logistics.

The activity should never ever be the value. You, and your presence, is the value.